Moves
    22 Nov '13 07:20
    Qe4 + ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 08:13
    I did actually lose a car once in a shopping centre car park. I'd not long arrived in Melbourne and wasn't used to these big centres with multiple lookalike exits and carparks, and my car was a common Chrysler model and a white sedan at that. Luckily it was back in the days when centres had to close at 12.30 on Saturdays, and this was around 11.30. So I bought a magazine and settled down on a mall seat until I was kicked out by the security people at around 1 pm, by which time there were only staff cars left in the paddock. Don't know what I'd have done if it had been midday Friday ...
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 08:351 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I did actually lose a car once in a shopping centre car park. I'd not long arrived in Melbourne and wasn't used to these big centres with multiple lookalike exits and carparks, and my car was a common Chrysler model and a white sedan at that. Luckily it was back in the days when centres had to close at 12.30 on Saturdays, and this was around 11.30. So I bo ...[text shortened]... staff cars left in the paddock. Don't know what I'd have done if it had been midday Friday ...
    If I had a car, I'm sure it would happen to me often. Do you think there are many cars stolen in such places daytime?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 23:19
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I did actually lose a car once in a shopping centre car park. I'd not long arrived in Melbourne and wasn't used to these big centres with multiple lookalike exits and carparks, and my car was a common Chrysler model and a white sedan at that. Luckily it was back in the days when centres had to close at 12.30 on Saturdays, and this was around 11.30. So I bo ...[text shortened]... staff cars left in the paddock. Don't know what I'd have done if it had been midday Friday ...
    I got into a fender bender and they are bending it back and in the meantime I have a ford Fusion rental.

So today I was off to the mall after work to go to Barns and Ignoble do a bit of reading. I had parked this strange car and when I got out it was about 5 pm and already dark.

What saved me was the little clicker, my own car is a 2011 Accent, kind of a 1980's car with a 21st century radio, no ANYTHING extra, no clicker, cruise, I paid extra for WINDOWS and not the bill gates kind๐Ÿ™‚

So it turns out this clicker has a range of about 2 miles๐Ÿ™‚ When I clicked it the lights came on and stayed on so that guided me right to it, a 2014 ford Fusion.

My 2011 Accent has a CB radio with a little antenna on top that helps out if there is light but that would not have helped tonight!
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 02:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 05:23
    Originally posted by lolof
    Very annoying.
    Worse than losing. Hate it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree