1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '14 15:28
    I worked on airborne radar when I was in the USAF and was on midnight shift, we had a working radar test set in our electronics shop. It was a low power, about 50 watts continuous power but shortened pulse and all that energy in about a one microsecond pulse so it was like a short pulse of 50 million watts but for that short time and repeats that cycle about 100 times a second or less. Well, I am running tests and we have the whole thing inside our shop, antenna's and such.

So one fine night I saw a janitor come in the shop with an armload of florescent bulbs, maybe twenty or so. So being the little shyte I was ATT, I hid behind the controls and carefully aimed my antenna at the janitor, and hit power on.

So ALL the bulbs light up VERY brightly at the same time in his arms and hilarity ensued when he yells and throws them up in the air and they all come crashing to the ground. I carefully turned everything off and hid out in another shop, they didn't see me to get court marshalled or something, got away with it but never tried THAT stunt againπŸ™‚
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    14 May '14 16:00
    We had a new lieutenant fresh out of bootcamp who thought he was a bad ass and would get up in peoples face and start yelling for no good reason trying to show authority like he had seen on television, when he clearly had no idea what was going on. On the other hand he would try to gain respect by trying to hang around with suck butts but no liked him at all so one night he fell asleep where he shouldn't have and we noticed nothing moved him. Not even bangs and pops. He was a very sound sleeper. (how could that happen) Not right for where we were, so the guys got together and decided to use a permanent ink marker on his brows and did a hitler mustache. Let me tell you all hell broke lose when some of the other more experienced officers found out. I'm sure they had a good laugh too in private. No one claimed to have seen a thing and blamed it on the enemy. But we all had a good laugh and he learned a lesson he never forgot. We finally got him settled down and he actually turned out to be alright. But it took the medical staff to come up with a solution to cover it up. Some of the guys would give him a hitler salute even though where we were we never acknowledged the officers stripes in the field. Boredom is creative. Not the best of pranks but very favorable results.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '14 16:54
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    We had a new lieutenant fresh out of bootcamp who thought he was a bad ass and would get up in peoples face and start yelling for no good reason trying to show authority like he had seen on television, when he clearly had no idea what was going on. On the other hand he would try to gain respect by trying to hang around with suck butts but no liked him a ...[text shortened]... rs stripes in the field. Boredom is creative. Not the best of pranks but very favorable results.
    One time during our electronics course, lasted a whole year in Denver, Lowry AFB, one of my buddies went out one Friday night and came in drunk as a skunk. So we didn't have real beds just those military deals one grade up from cots. The mattress had a cover like a big pillow case open on the end. So he comes in drunk as hell, crawls into bed but he didn't know he had crawled UNDER the mattress cover. Then he PUKES inside the cover and we were mostly asleep in the open barracks but I heard these groans and stuff the next morning where he didn't know what happened, the puke had dried out and stuck everything together and he was screaming get me out of here, OH GOD I'm sick, pukes again. OMG what a laugh that was! we had to cut him out of the cover and he went immediately to the showers and we had to replace the whole frigging bed.

He didn't do THAT trick againπŸ™‚
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 May '14 22:571 edit
    In the Navy, I was Lt Commander on PT 73. Oh the stories I could tell. πŸ˜•
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 May '14 00:38
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    In the Navy, I was Lt Commander on PT 73. Oh the stories I could tell. πŸ˜•
    Quinton McHale (McHale's Navy) What a great show. Wish it were still on.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 14:15
    I could tell you the storry when we painted a fence.

It was zinc coated.

It was used indoors...that is what I connect with military.
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 09:31
    At Parris Island for boot camp we had this hard-ass Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. Among the new recruits was Leonard Lawrence, who earns the nickname "Gomer Pyle" after attracting Hartman's wrath.

Unresponsive to Hartman's discipline, Pyle is eventually paired with Joker. Pyle improves with Joker's help, but his progress halts when Hartman discovers a contraband jelly doughnut in Pyle's foot locker.

I thought that was hilarious!

Believing that the recruits have failed to motivate Pyle, Hartman adopts a collective punishment policy: every mistake Pyle makes will earn punishment for the rest of the platoon, with Pyle being spared.
    In retaliation, the platoon hazes Pyle with a blanket party, restraining him to his bunk and beating him with bars of soap wrapped in towels. Shortly after this incident Pyle shows a strong aptitude for marksmanship with his M14 rifle, impressing Hartman.
    But Joker becomes worried as he witnesses Pyle showing increasing signs of obsession and mental breakdown, such as talking to his rifle.

Following their graduation the recruits receive their Military Occupational Specialty assignments; Joker is assigned to Basic Military Journalism. During the platoon's final night on Parris Island, Joker discovers Pyle in the latrine, loading his rifle with live ammunition. Joker attempts to calm Pyle, who responds by loudly executing drill commands and reciting the Rifleman's Creed. The noise awakens the platoon and Hartman. Hartman confronts Pyle and orders him to surrender the rifle. Pyle fatally shoots Hartman, and then commits suicide.

That wasn't so funny though...
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 11:51
    I killed a man.
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 16:27
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I killed a man.
    I would like to kill someone with kindness but alas it don't work.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 15:08
    Originally posted by Crowley
    At Parris Island for boot camp we had this hard-ass Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. Among the new recruits was Leonard Lawrence, who earns the nickname "Gomer Pyle" after attracting Hartman's wrath.

Unresponsive to Hartman's discipline, Pyle is eventually paired with Joker. Pyle improves with Joker's help, but his progress halts when Hartman discovers a contrab ...[text shortened]... rifle. Pyle fatally shoots Hartman, and then commits suicide.

That wasn't so funny though...
    So you were in the unit which was used as a model for "Full Metal Jackett"?

And I thought you were British
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 15:09
    In the Navy, I was
    This explains a lot πŸ˜›
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 08:52
    Nice stories! πŸ™‚

I'd love to share but, sadly, one of my branches was
    counterintelligence and the funniest stories I have
    are classified, lol
  13. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 18:44
    My hair did not grow for the two years i was in the bush.

GRANNY.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 20:07
    Originally posted by smw6869
    My hair did not grow for the two years i was in the bush.

GRANNY.
    Horse Crap

Not what you said, you smelled like horse crap. πŸ˜›
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    07 Sep '14 13:09
    Horse Crap

Not what you said, you smelled like horse crap. πŸ˜›
    I went AWOL and my parents bought me out before I finished my basic training I never thought being a Cub Scout could be so tough.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree