1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 15:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As sonhouse pointed out Randogo Gambogo simply stating that chess has an en passant rule is not strictly giving assistance, no more than stating that castling is also a rule, that it just happened to be the only move that was playable was merely coincidental and is no more giving assistance than you stating that there is a legal move available. Resi ...[text shortened]... suggestions so as to gain an advantage and I shall dismiss your ramblings as those of a mad man.
    Sonhouse was being sarcastic. Your inability to recognize the impropriety of your actions only shows
    how morally bankrupt you are. If what you did was fair and acceptable, why was the thread removed?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 15:071 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Sonhouse was being sarcastic. Your inability to recognize the impropriety of your actions only shows
    how morally bankrupt you are. If what you did was fair and acceptable, why was the thread removed?
    Its was removed probably because of the incessant whining of lemon suckers, hot air balloonists and those who don't walk lightly on the ground. I did not receive a single message from the moderators, no not an iota. I suspect they removed it simply to appease your whining. You have still FAILED to state how anyone could have got an advantage from those suggestions.

Taking lessons in morality from you is like being lectured by a psychokiller on the virtues of being polite!

Morally bankrupt? I like a moral zillionaire, i got so much i gotta give it away!
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 00:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I think if he takes Robbie's advice and resigns he should be forced to forfeit the game.
    Somebody gave me a thumbs down for this?

🙄
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 00:29

🙄
    Such is the inevitable vituperative nature of this forum.
    [edit] fool.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 01:27

🙄
    Somebody gave me a thumbs down for this too! 😲
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 02:01
    Maybe robbie thinks you are stalking him?
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 03:251 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No one cheated Rhandhu Ghandu and I resent your assertions that they did. Now I realise that its difficult for you to see things from another's perspective but as was pointed out by sonhouse simply stating that the en passant rule exists is not highlighting any specific moves and simply stating that ones opponent missed a mate in one is also not giv ...[text shortened]... y people here take themselves way to seriously. They are not walking lightly on the rice paper.
    With such a warped sense of right and wrong, I really feel bad for you.
    SMH
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 07:09
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    SMH
    You see there is a difference between what Plato termed 'mere opinion', and what is demonstrable through reason. This opinion piece of yours does not demonstrate how anyone could have got even a one thousandth of a pawn advantage by following what was originally posted. Randolph Gandolph could not produce it and neither can you and until you do, please no more lectures on the morality of being polite from psychokillers, its more than anyone can take.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 07:10
    We live in very cynical times.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 09:261 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    SMH
    How is telling a player there is such a thing as en passant cheating? If he had not been informed of that possibility he probably would have resigned, not knowing about it. So you would have been ok with him resigning and the opponent wins because the dude didn't know about en passant?

This was not saying a specific move, Exd or somesuch, it was merely a statement about the possibility of en passant which he was unaware of, being new to chess. Is this the best way to get new players in the game or do you just want to stick to rules where you just THINK a move was suggested which it was not.

You people are being a bit anal about all this, it was just helping a beginner for crying out loud.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 09:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    How is telling a player there is such a thing as en passant cheating? If he had not been informed of that possibility he probably would have resigned, not knowing about it. So you would have been ok with him resigning and the opponent wins because the dude didn't know about en passant?

This was not saying a specific move, Exd or somesuch, it was merely ...[text shortened]... people are being a bit anal about all this, it was just helping a beginner for crying out loud.
    You people are being a bit anal about all this, it was just helping a beginner for crying out loud.

back of da net, nom nom nom!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree