1. In your face
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 21:37
    I have tried to change the spell check language on Google Chrome. It seems to insist on using American English over my native English English. I went as far as deleting American English completely from my language options and when I try to select the only language left (English English) it says: -

"Google Chrome is displayed in this language
    This language cannot be used for spell checking"

WTF??????
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 22:26
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    I have tried to change the spell check language on Google Chrome. It seems to insist on using American English over my native English English. I went as far as deleting American English completely from my language options and when I try to select the only language left (English English) it says: -

WTF??????
    Ha ha ha, don't you speak American??? Lol.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 May '13 00:15

WTF??????
    Haha, Google wants to be sure you get it right and not muss it up with all that fanciful Brit-speak stuff. After all, you guys use way too many letters per word, at least one can usually be taken out. πŸ˜›
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 May '13 05:44
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Ha ha ha, don't you speak American??? Lol.
    He does, he just won't spell American πŸ˜‰
  5. In your face
    Moves
    01 May '13 11:28
    It's making me doubt my own literacy skillz man.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    01 May '13 11:35
    It's making me doubt my own literacy skillz man.
    If I wer yoo I wood rite a leter to sumwan about it.
    Itz abzalutlee dizgrayzfull
  7. In your face
    Moves
    01 May '13 11:44
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    If I wer yoo I wood rite a leter to sumwan about it.
    Itz abzalutlee dizgrayzfull
    Eye no,
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 May '13 05:421 edit
    I was asked this morning at computer class if using Google Chrome gave access to your personal information and all sorts of other things about you. I said if you're using anything with google in its name in any browser they have access to all that stuff. Anyone want to correct me on that? I was thinking google-analytics but I suspect there's a whole lot of other stuff I don't know about.
  9. Joined
    25 Apr '13
    Moves
    03 May '13 16:441 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Anyone want to correct me on that? I was thinking google-analytics but I suspect there's a whole lot of other stuff I don't know about.
    Your correct, but it's not only Google Chrome, Microsoft is the biggest culprit along with the social media sites. Even your ISP does it.

Edit; some of those sites mentioned even leave little deposits😲
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    03 May '13 17:58
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I was asked this morning at computer class if using Google Chrome gave access to your personal information and all sorts of other things about you. I said if you're using anything with google in its name in any browser they have access to all that stuff. Anyone want to correct me on that? I was thinking google-analytics but I suspect there's a whole lot of other stuff I don't know about.
    Facebook is 'officially' in cahoots with the FBI, sharing face recognition and friends' face recognitions, locations, and just about everything, vis shared photos. This new face recog is also being applied by microsoft/ new Skype adventure, and other well know sources with empirical knowledge of persons. Big brother is arriving!

However, I have no personal issues with 'The Authorities' having my data, as I have nothing to hide. It's the complainants, like Jehova's Witnesses etc., that complain, as privately they cohort against the books they sprout about. πŸ˜€

-m. πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree