05 Dec '15 04:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 04:30
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thank you. Mental illness is certainly nothing to trifle with or make light of no matter who is suffering from this incapacitating and dreadful affliction.
    Have you ever been inclined to think that someone's mental illness can be an insult to their family and - even - to the rest of humanity?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 05:421 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    My own nearest direct exposure to acute mental illness occurred during the sixteen months of post paralysis recovery convalescence at a premier medical care facility from late December 2010 to early April 2012. Couldn't help but notice the incoherent speech patterns and awkward social behavior of patients in their late forties to mid sixties in common areas each day. Family members and close friends were supportive though not in the least ill at ease or overly condescending. Now and then, though, their tears were apparent in the halls of the ward outside their family member's claustrophobic and antiseptic rooms.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 06:311 edit
    ".... and a bouquet of flowers for my dear aunt Orchidectomy,"~child anon
    "correction: .... and a bouquet of flowers for my dear aunt following her husband, my uncle Adolpho's Orchidectomy,"~child anon
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 08:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you ever been inclined to think that someone's mental illness can be an insult to their family and - even - to the rest of humanity?
    It is the logical consequence of Bobby's recorded and unapologetic
    statement regarding suicide being an insult to humanity.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 09:051 edit
    Thank you. Mental illness is certainly nothing to trifle with or make light of no matter who is suffering from this incapacitating and dreadful affliction.
    And yet in your "ethical creeds thread", you said some dreadful things about people who commit suicide. Are you so blinkered that you cannot see that suicide is one of the outcomes of severe depression which is mental illness, or are you just trying to cover your poo with a stick?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 09:11
    My own nearest direct exposure to acute mental illness occurred during the sixteen months of post paralysis recovery convalescence at a premier medical care facility from late December 2010 to early April 2012. Couldn't help but notice the incoherent speech patterns and awkward social behavior of patients in their late forties to mid sixties in common ...[text shortened]... rent in the halls of the ward outside their family member's claustrophobic and antiseptic rooms.
    Why is it that whenever you find yourself in a bit of metaphorical corner in the forum (as with this topic) that you feel the need to remind everyone of when you were in hospital. Now you are even linking your hospitalisation to exposure to mental illness - tell me, when you heard the tears of family members outside of those claustrophobic antiseptic rooms did you tell them that their loved ones illness was an insult to them and to God?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 09:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why is it that whenever you find yourself in a bit of metaphorical corner in the forum (as with this topic) that you feel the need to remind everyone of when you were in hospital. Now you are even linking your hospitalisation to exposure to mental illness - tell me, when you heard the tears of family members outside of those claustrophobic antiseptic rooms did you tell them that their loved ones illness was an insult to them and to God?
    I imagine he'd have chosen to talk to them about their family's lack of "honour code". 😉
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 09:38
    Wow another pile on GB, how original.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 09:441 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sow ye pompous arse, so shall ye reap piles.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 10:05
    did you tell them that their loved ones illness was an insult to them and to God?
    Of course he didn't. Instead, he copied some gibberish on rolls and
    rolls of toilet paper and dumped it on them.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 16:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Are you aware of why Grampy Bobby is getting this particular round of grief? If you are then I can only assume that you subscribe to his scurrilous views, if you are not aware then why are you poking your hooter into someone else's disagreement when you have no idea what is going on?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 16:53
    Are you aware of why Grampy Bobby is getting this particular round of grief? If you are then I can only assume that you subscribe to his scurrilous views, if you are not aware then why are you poking your hooter into someone else's disagreement when you have no idea what is going on?
    "mister divegeester,

would you please tell our grade one class what a 'hooter' is and what it does or doesn't do? thank you."

~Miss Emily Wordsmith (child anon's language teacher)
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 22:03
    "mister divegeester,

would you please tell our grade one class what a 'hooter' is and what it does or doesn't do? thank you."

~Miss Emily Wordsmith (child anon's language teacher)
    It's an olde English word originating from the root meaning of "intellectual curiosity" and associated with slang saying "Google is your friend".
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 03:57
    It's an olde English word originating from the root meaning of "intellectual curiosity" and associated with slang saying "Google is your friend".
    "Thank you for such a comprehensive definition in one sentence." ~Emily

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree