1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 20:35
    ...and other (kitchen) appliances you'd bought via Tele-Shop.
    Where is your non-stick pan? It began to be sticky after only few roastings, I bet..
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 23:08
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Where is your non-stick pan? It began to be sticky after only few roastings, I bet..
    In protest: I paint mine with non-skid latex. Sell them as statement pieces on OfferUp
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 17:21
    scrap metal collector takes them readily. In the steel (or all) melt the non-stick material just disappears
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:14
    They're great if you know uow to look after them. Many teara ago i brought a £2 ikea pan, lasted about 18 months before i moved and didn't take it with me. Great stuff
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:33
    A cast iron skillet is also non-stick, if you know how to keep a season on it. Lasts a lifetime, too.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:55
    I look after mine. I use a minimum of oil then clean it up and leave it in the pan for next time or if it needs changing I use a boiling water rinse, rarely detergent, and kitchen roll. After all, it gets sterilised next time it’s out on the stove. When it gets that bad I take it to the recycling site.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:58
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I look after mine. I use a minimum of oil then clean it up and leave it in the pan for next time or if it needs changing I use a boiling water rinse, rarely detergent, and kitchen roll. After all, it gets sterilised next time it’s out on the stove. When it gets that bad I take it to the recycling site.
    Agree - decent non-sticks last a lifetime. (and cast iron too)
    Look after them!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 12:391 edit
    Generally speaking I am not permitted access to the kitchen without supervision and/or clear instructions.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 07:10
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Generally speaking I am not permitted access to the kitchen without supervision and/or clear instructions.
    Yeah, the same goes for Wifey in the workshop -- otherwise she's liable to spend three hours sorting my screwdrivers for me, by the color of their handles.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 07:43
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Due to my recent operation I have granted my wife access
    to the kitchen which she has enthusiastically accepted.

Unfortunately here enthusiasm in the kitchen is not reflected in her performance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree