General Forum

General Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 20:35
    ...and other (kitchen) appliances you'd bought via Tele-Shop.
    Where is your non-stick pan? It began to be sticky after only few roastings, I bet..
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 23:08
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Where is your non-stick pan? It began to be sticky after only few roastings, I bet..
    In protest: I paint mine with non-skid latex. Sell them as statement pieces on OfferUp
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 17:21
    scrap metal collector takes them readily. In the steel (or all) melt the non-stick material just disappears
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:14
    They're great if you know uow to look after them. Many teara ago i brought a £2 ikea pan, lasted about 18 months before i moved and didn't take it with me. Great stuff
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:33
    A cast iron skillet is also non-stick, if you know how to keep a season on it. Lasts a lifetime, too.
  6. Standard memberdrewnogal
    Rocky 2008-2019
    Ecofreak
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:55
    I look after mine. I use a minimum of oil then clean it up and leave it in the pan for next time or if it needs changing I use a boiling water rinse, rarely detergent, and kitchen roll. After all, it gets sterilised next time it’s out on the stove. When it gets that bad I take it to the recycling site.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    surviving
    Covid-19
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:58
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I look after mine. I use a minimum of oil then clean it up and leave it in the pan for next time or if it needs changing I use a boiling water rinse, rarely detergent, and kitchen roll. After all, it gets sterilised next time it’s out on the stove. When it gets that bad I take it to the recycling site.
    Agree - decent non-sticks last a lifetime. (and cast iron too)
    Look after them!
  8. PFJ Judea AD33
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 12:391 edit
    Generally speaking I am not permitted access to the kitchen without supervision and/or clear instructions.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 07:10
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Generally speaking I am not permitted access to the kitchen without supervision and/or clear instructions.
    Yeah, the same goes for Wifey in the workshop -- otherwise she's liable to spend three hours sorting my screwdrivers for me, by the color of their handles.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    surviving
    Covid-19
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 07:43
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Due to my recent operation I have granted my wife access
    to the kitchen which she has enthusiastically accepted.

Unfortunately here enthusiasm in the kitchen is not reflected in her performance.