1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 14:411 edit
    "Great 21st Century Novel" Thread 88603 (86 Pages) "04 Mar '08 00:16"

"Let's write it together for our own enjoyment and for posterity sake. One connected and coherent sentence at a time (per writer) and let's number them sequentially for ease of reference and continuity, since it's likely there will be editorial comments along the way. Once our body of work exceeds, say, 500 sentences we can brainstorm an appropriate title. Meanwhile think of it as a site bedtime story in progress. So get your creative juices flowing. Your unique contributions will energize its lift off and sustain its flight. This could be enjoyable! Thank you."

"Note: Hopeful Mikelom's authorship genius will help guide the way."

"#1. Still remember that stormy, moonless evening and the unwelcome typically terse message from Russ waiting to greet my bleary eyes on the screen... "New server difficulties. Indefinite outage. Will advise."

Originally posted by coquette "04 Mar '08 01:44"
    "2. How ghastly! I sip my freshly ground and brewed mild columbian coffee and ponder how many days the "site is under repair, will be back online in approximately 6 hours" will appear every time i click on my RHP link."

2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 17:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Great 21st Century Novel" Thread 88603 (86 Pages) "04 Mar '08 00:16"

"Let's write it together for our own enjoyment and for posterity sake. One connected and coherent sentence at a time (per writer) and let's number them sequentially for ease of reference and continuity, since it's likely there will be editorial comments along t ...[text shortened]... be back online in approximately 6 hours" will appear every time i click on my RHP link."

3.[/b]
    3 I had barely gotten back online when I got a PM from Russ saying
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 18:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    3 I had barely gotten back online when I got a PM from Russ saying
    4. "Problem solved. We rewrote code and made adjustments to allow for the crucial fact that the world is flat."
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 19:15
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    4. "Problem solved. We rewrote code and made adjustments to allow for the crucial fact that the world is flat."
    5.Just got off the horn with Freaky. Man that dude has a huge sheet eatin grin on his face.

Sonhouse has got a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 23:171 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "Great 21st Century Novel" Thread 88603 (86 Pages) "04 Mar '08 00:16"

"Let's write it together for our own enjoyment and for posterity sake. One connected and coherent sentence at a time (per writer) and let's number them sequentially for ease of reference and continuity, since it's likely there will be editorial comments along ...[text shortened]... will be back online in approximately 6 hours" will appear every time i click on my RHP link."

"2. How ghastly! I sip my freshly ground and brewed mild columbian coffee and ponder how many days the "site is under repair, will be back online in approximately 6 hours" will appear every time i click on my RHP link."

"3. I had barely gotten back online when I got a PM from Russ saying"

Originally posted by HandyAndy

Originally posted by Captain Strange
    "5. Just got off the horn with Freaky. Man that dude has a huge sheet eatin grin on his face.

Sonhouse has got a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp."

Originally posted by @Mexico (Page 1)

6. 3. "As I peer ponderously into the ugly white screen delivering this horrific news to me, I wonder about many things, but two things repeat over and over like a broken record, "whatever shall I do with all my employers time now" and "I need to buy stronger coffee".

6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 02:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

"3. I had barely gotten back online ...[text shortened]... "whatever shall I do with all my employers time now" and "I need to buy stronger coffee".

7. I'm confused already. What am I doing here anyway? Perhaps I'm looking for someone that is actually capable of inspiring me. I wonder sometimes whether I even really know what I'm talking about, or whether it really matters. Tomorrow's another day.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 19:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    7. I'm confused already. What am I doing here anyway? Perhaps I'm looking for someone that is actually capable of inspiring me. I wonder sometimes whether I even really know what I'm talking about, or whether it really matters. Tomorrow's another day.
    8. Closed the laptop down, remindinding myself that I really did have an actual life, took a longer than

usual/hotter than usual shower and slid into the white envelope, mid prayer drifting off to sleep and slept.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 19:48
    9. "i dreamt of her, the Queen, her radiance in all directions, her control, her power . . .. . d5-e6-f7 . . .through the pawn, her power radiating onto the King, the future victim." ~coquette
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 22:06
    10. "04 Mar '08 10:08" @coquette "Fritz! Fritz! Fritz! YES YES YES OH FRITZ!!!!!!!! The MATE would happen . . .. . NOW . . . . on g2; alas, except for the constraints of the church. that Bishop on h4 guards the treasures. the alarm is calling from that other world."
  10. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    21 Jun '16 00:17
    Have you run out of internet to copy from?
    Resorting to threads you started here years ago to go over and over?
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Jun '16 00:32
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Have you run out of internet to copy from?
    Resorting to threads you started here years ago to go over and over?
    It's the ouroboros, the ancient serpent that devours its own tail.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '16 10:28
    "11. And so, he returned to his semi-concious state of mind creating and rolling his dream as he saw fit; smiling during his rest and contemplating what a wonderful world he was creating within the realms of his openly wandering thoughts." @Mikelom: "Last moved 427 days and 53 minutes ago"

About Mikelom: "After nearly a year of serious illness, and many operations, I am on the mend. I intend to make a good recovery, and return to RHP in 2015 to recapture my previous form and hopefully have fun, meet good people, but most of all to get my chess brain back in order. If you don't practice, you get wobbly - akin to not riding a bike.

I look forward to meeting old pals, new pals, offering a bit of help when asked for it - but most of all to keep my brain in good working order. A positive and active brain tends to a healthy body!

Regards to All,

-m. (aka Mike)."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree