1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 08:55
    Originally posted by Trev33
    It's not as simple as that though. I'm in Malaysia, can be dry in rainy season and wet in dry season.
    Actually I think it is, more or less, as simple as that. If it rains during the dry season then it's undeniably rain, but it's still called the "dry season" regardless. Similarly, the existence of days without rain during the "wet season" doesn't alter the fact that this lack of rain is happening during the "wet season". I would have been prepared to explain all this on The Other Thread but there was no one like you who came along and created the reason for me to do so. However, on This Thread you have forced my hand. And I have stepped in.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 09:05
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Jecidi,

Successful businessman?
    Or.....drug lord??
    You should be ashamed of yourself.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 09:42
    Originally posted by chaney3
    He does not understand the dynamics of the forums.
    Whereas you regularly pepper the boards here with your charm and intellectual dynamism.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 09:45
    Originally posted by jecidi
    in Indonesia, we have 2 seasons, rainy and dry seasons only
    And now it's the rainy season, and ada hujan besar disini de Sulut hari hari!

(Big rain here every day in North Sulawesi )

(My Indonesian isn't very good, my English is better...)
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 14:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually I think it is, more or less, as simple as that. If it rains during the dry season then it's undeniably rain, but it's still called the "dry season" regardless. Similarly, the existence of days without rain during the "wet season" doesn't alter the fact that this lack of rain is happening during the "wet season". I would have been prepared to explain al ...[text shortened]... reason for me to do so. However, on This Thread you have forced my hand. And I have stepped in.
    I'm merely stating the facts for the people who live in 3
    4 season places that it's not exclusively 6 months rain followed by 6 months sun. So it may be simple to say dry season but in reality you could be there for a week during 'dry season' and have nothing but rain.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 02:02
    4 season places that it's not exclusively 6 months rain followed by 6 months sun. So it may be simple to say dry season but in reality you could be there for a week during 'dry season' and have nothing but rain.
    I have never heard anyone in Indonesia define the two seasons here as "exclusively 6 months rain followed by 6 months sun". If you experience rain in the "dry season", then that rain is some weather you have experienced, while "the dry season" is the name of one of the two seasons that constitute the climate here and which differentiate it from climates where there are four seasons as opposed to two.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 02:04
    Trev33,

Don't mind FMF, he just loves to argue, just for argument sake!

-VR
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 11:48
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Trev33,

Don't mind FMF, he just loves to argue, just for argument sake!

-VR
    He likes to argue but without actually reading the other persons post... like you used to be 😵
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 13:321 edit
    He likes to argue but without actually reading the other persons post... like you used to be 😵
    Trev,

LOL...Sure throw the old days back in my face! I can't argue with that though! 😉

Oh the good old days....I miss Phlabs sometimes, if you can believe that!

-VR
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 13:37
    Ah yes...the good olde days™
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 13:451 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Whereas you regularly pepper the boards here with your charm and intellectual dynamism.
    Dive,

Are you saying that you do?...I haven't seen as of yet. That would be a nice way start to 2017!!!

-VR
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 13:46
    Are you saying that you do?...I haven't seen as of yet.
    What was it you said ... "Always looking at new ways to throw insults"
    😉
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 13:52
    What was it you said ... "Always looking at new ways to throw insults"
    😉
    Dive,

That is correct, "You are always looking at new ways to throw insults", WOW I am impressed you actually understood!!! 😉 😛

-VR
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 13:551 edit
    That is correct...
    And you called Kewpie a hypocrite!
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 14:13
    And you called Kewpie a hypocrite!
    Dive,

Actually Lets set that straight. Someone who says one thing then does something entirely different would make them a hypocrite.

noun
    a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Yes, It would make her one. also you are one!!!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree