General Forum

General Forum

1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 13:49
    Rodent weatherman Punxsutawney Phil makes his prediction.

Looks like an early spring!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/news/groundhog-good-news-winter-sufferers-051021562.html
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 14:01
    @Suzianne

Tell that to my thermometer here in Pennsylvania😉 it was 5 degrees F this morning, I thought it was supposed to warm up but NOOOO, my dishwasher is frozen, and I have to hook up a 5000 btu heater in the vestibule to warm the toilet drain pipes because THEY froze. If we get some extra money I have to invest in some serious insulation, we did the outside of the house but the basement still has extremely cold air infiltrating somewhere, freezing pipes and creating a lot of havoc. We have a small bathroom on the far corner of the house and just the other day a pipe froze and full pressure water went into the basement crawl space, a couple of years ago I added a shut off valve so I was able to stop the flow but I don't want to fix the pipes till the cold spell is over otherwise I will be in the same dam boat next freeze. This 'polar vortex' thing really sucks. And we got it mild compared to Chicago and that area.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 15:35
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne

Tell that to my thermometer here in Pennsylvania😉 it was 5 degrees F this morning, I thought it was supposed to warm up but NOOOO, my dishwasher is frozen, and I have to hook up a 5000 btu heater in the vestibule to warm the toilet drain pipes because THEY froze. If we get some extra money I have to invest in some serious insulation, we did the outside of the ...[text shortened]... reeze. This 'polar vortex' thing really sucks. And we got it mild compared to Chicago and that area.
    slice open the rodent and crawl inside for warmth...
    YouTube : punxsutawney tauntaun
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 23:37
    @rookie54
    You know, I saw some movie where the good guys hid out from the bad guys in the belly of a dead moose. I can't IMAGINE what that must have smelled like or felt like.
    Nearest I got to that was my time as a 14 YO in Anchorage, went to East Anchorage HS and volunteered to the Salvation Army and we went out one fine day where a moose got smashed by a semi truck. There was a LOT of blood....
    When they cut it open, they were rendering down the meat for the Salvation Army food lines and I saw the inside, a large mass of it literally pulverized, almost powered meat inside that poor beast.

But the salvation army had moose burgers for a month or two😉
  5. Standard memberHand of Hecate
    Merciless Vagabond
    Deep in it.
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 01:05
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne

Tell that to my thermometer here in Pennsylvania😉 it was 5 degrees F this morning, I thought it was supposed to warm up but NOOOO, my dishwasher is frozen, and I have to hook up a 5000 btu heater in the vestibule to warm the toilet drain pipes because THEY froze. If we get some extra money I have to invest in some serious insulation, we did the outside of the ...[text shortened]... reeze. This 'polar vortex' thing really sucks. And we got it mild compared to Chicago and that area.
    You should light your house on fire. That’ll warm it up.
  6. SubscriberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 07:48
    @hand-of-hecate said
    You should light your house on fire. That’ll warm it up.
    Well for a short term solution that's just fine...
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 14:56
    @mudfinger said
    But then there's the "insurance" debacle. "So sir, exactly what happened? Is that an accelerant I smell?"
  8. SubscriberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 19:21
    @great-big-stees said
    But then there's the "insurance" debacle. "So sir, exactly what happened? Is that an accelerant I smell?"
    How else ya gonna cook the groundhog. They're good eatin'.
  9. SubscriberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 19:23
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne

Keep your water running at a slight trickle during these times. That will protect you from freezing up. If your pipes freeze and burst your in for a hell of an expensive fix.
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 18:24
    @suzianne said
    Rodent weatherman Punxsutawney Phil makes his prediction.

Looks like an early spring!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/news/groundhog-good-news-winter-sufferers-051021562.html
    Hildabeast gonna stick her head out so we can play whackamole 😀
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 19:16
    @mudfinger said
    If he stays in it is also a long time solution.