1. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 06:25
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    They aren't actually great fans of cheese. Peanut butter, chocolate, anything sticky works best for me, although I've seen people get great results with no bait at all. So long as you put the trap in the right place (along the wall) the mouse will eventually walk into it.
    I understand you have cats at home - would they kill and eat mice?
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 06:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 07:001 edit
    Originally posted by lolof
    I understand you have cats at home - would they kill and eat mice?
    They do, when they get the chance, but our mice are field mice, rarely come to the house. Cats usually catch them near the barn and bring them home for inspection. Of course we remove and dispose of the remains, cats don't need any extra food.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 14:49
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    A steady part of a poor American's diet since 1982.
    [Like]
    Comment: Quite nice to see compassion on the net. Some lost souls, living in cardboard
    boxes beneath bridges, get very sick of it and want some free peanut butter instead.
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 15:24
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    They do, when they get the chance, but our mice are field mice, rarely come to the house. Cats usually catch them near the barn and bring them home for inspection. Of course we remove and dispose of the remains, cats don't need any extra food.
    My daughter used to have cats for the kids and she said that her cats brought home mice and birds because they were very proud of their achievement and wanted the family to see.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 15:52
    My daughter used to have cats for the kids and she said that her cats brought home mice and birds because they were very proud of their achievement and wanted the family to see.
    Those cats were braggarts plain and simple. Did your daughter have the heads of the "victims" mounted and shown above the fireplace mantel?

😀
  7. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 16:05
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Those cats were braggarts plain and simple. Did your daughter have the heads of the "victims" mounted and shown above the fireplace mantel?

😀
    🙂 She just wanted it out of the house as soon as possible, she thought it was disgusting. The kids thought it was fun though. 🙂
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 16:10
    🙂 She just wanted it out of the house as soon as possible, she thought it was disgusting. The kids thought it was fun though. 🙂
    When that happened at our home (and it did. We too had "braggart" cats) my daughter would get out her scalpel and look at the innards. She was and still is very inquisitive.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 16:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [Like]
    Comment: Quite nice to see compassion on the net. Some lost souls, living in cardboard
    boxes beneath bridges, get very sick of it and want some free peanut butter instead.
    And there, but for the grace of God, goes well-fed Boston Lad.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 16:55
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    And there, but for the grace of God, goes well-fed Boston Lad.
    [lLike]
    Comment: And, Merci for the thum v.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 17:51
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [lLike]
    Comment: And, Merci for the thum v.
    Wasn't mine. Have another.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 17:54
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Wasn't mine. Have another.
    [Loverly]
    Comment: Even though thou protesteth, thankey spankey mucha.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 00:18
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    When that happened at our home (and it did. We too had "braggart" cats) my daughter would get out her scalpel and look at the innards. She was and still is very inquisitive.
    ewwwww!
  14. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 03:083 edits
    Do mice actually like cheese, or would they just eat anything...?
    Mice generally prefer babaganoush or falafel. But because they don't have time to prepare foods--as they are running from cats all the time--they will settle for cheese. Even the gubment variety, in a pinch.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 14:43
    Originally posted by sumydid

Mice generally prefer babaganoush or falafel. But because they don't have time to prepare foods--as they are running from cats all the time--they will settle for cheese. Even the gubment variety, in a pinch.
    [Like]
    Comment: Even in churches?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree