General Forum

General Forum

1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 15:21
    Thank you china for the sparks and I recognize you used them for fun long before we used them to kill.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 18:25
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I'm referencing 1814 idiot.

edit: re Poryphria ... don't believe everything you see at the movies.
    Wolfgang apparently fails to recognize that since the 4th of July celebrates the declaration of independence on the same day in 1776 (and not victory in the war of 1812), HandyAndy was referring to George III, not George IV.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 19:10
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    Wolfgang apparently fails to recognize that since the 4th of July celebrates the declaration of independence on the same day in 1776 (and not victory in the war of 1812), HandyAndy was referring to George III, not George IV.
    Correct. I was referring to King George III, whose portrayer sings "You'll Be Back" in the Broadway musical Hamilton.

YouTube
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 19:14
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Correct. I was referring to King George III, whose portrayer sings "You'll Be Back" in the Broadway musical Hamilton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFN-aqPJH8
    Nice music.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 19:19
    Well done Einstein and since I was talking about George IV maybe I was referring to George IV. 🙄
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 19:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFN-aqPJH8
    ...Which I have wanted a ticket to since almost the first day it aired. It's too expensive and fully booked but I can always dream.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 19:29
    Well done Einstein and since I was talking about George IV maybe I was referring to George IV. 🙄
    Of course you were referring to George IV. That much is clear to all. What's also clear to all is that this is a 4th of July thread, and therefore HandyAndy was talking about George III, not George IV. You might have been referring to George IV, but you were historically incorrect in doing so. Wolfgang would prefer to resort to insults such as "idiot" rather than accept his error and my (very mild) correction.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 19:45
    Of course you were referring to George IV. That much is clear to all. What's also clear to all is that this is a 4th of July thread, and therefore HandyAndy was talking about George III, not George IV. You might have been referring to George IV, but you were historically incorrect in doing so. Wolfgang would prefer to resort to insults such as "idiot" rather than accept his error and my (very mild) correction.
    Threads move on idiot.
    Just read the narrative carefully before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

btw: Idiot is not an insult in your case.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 19:47
    ...Which I have wanted a ticket to since almost the first day it aired. It's too expensive and fully booked but I can always dream.
    Good luck! The show has been touring major cities with ticket prices starting at $200 (probably several months' pay back in 1776).
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 21:031 edit
    Well done Einstein and since I was talking about George IV maybe I was referring to George IV.
    damn it that is not as funny as i think it is. damn it
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 21:10
    ... ticket prices starting at $200 (probably several months' pay back in 1776).
    Sell a few slaves, make the others work harder. You are inventing problems. Oh poor andy he is so beset.