1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 18:19
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Very few do VR
    CS,

Some years ago I became friends with a Muslim man who owned a small store. We use to have some long chats. He told me something that stuck in my mind. He said there is only one God, it is just we all take different paths in getting there.

The Coran/Qur'an (The Islamic Holy Book) Is supposedly the only Holy Book which has never been changed over the years, and all the original words are there. He read it like 5 or 6 times daily every day. Then they have a month where they fast during the daylight hours, I forget what that was called.

I am a Roman Catholic and as it turned out many of our beliefs were the same!!! I was quite surprised. I think they may be more Spiritual than us, of course others may debate that point.

-VR
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 18:511 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    CS,

Some years ago I became friends with a Muslim man who owned a small store. We use to have some long chats. He told me something that stuck in my mind. He said there is only one God, it is just we all take different paths in getting there.

The Coran/Qur'an (The Islamic Holy Book) Is supposedly the only Holy Book which has never been changed ov ...[text shortened]... ised. I think they may be more Spiritual than us, of course others may debate that point.

-VR
    VR the month you are referring to is Ramadan.
    There are similarities for example they consider Jesus a prophet.
    And their holy book is not even supposed to be translated.
    Shame we cant all just live in peace.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 18:571 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    VR the month you are referring to is Ramadan.
    There are similarities for example they consider Jesus a prophet.
    And their holy book is not even supposed to be translated.
    Shame we cant all just live in peace.
    CS,

Yes, that was what it was called Ramadan! ( I guess I could have googled it. 😉 )

We can't even agree on things on a Chess website. It is no wonder the world is in the mess it is in right now. Never know what will happen next.

I feel lucky to be a citizen and living in Canada. We do have our violence also, but not near as severe as in many parts of the World.

Hopefully 2017 will bring better things than 2016!!!

-VR
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 23:32
    EDIT: Nice poem by the way!!!
    It's actually a very popular Christmas song.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_Yourself_a_Merry_Little_Christmas
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 23:401 edit
    CS,

The Coran/Qur'an (The Islamic Holy Book) Is supposedly the only Holy Book which has never been changed ov ...[text shortened]... ised. I think they may be more Spiritual than us, of course others may debate that point.

-VR
    Actually they have no way of knowing what was in the original Koran and even if it has not changed this proves little. Anyone who reads the Koran must come to the realisation that it a cold book with a distant and unknowable God.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually they have no way of knowing what was in the original Koran and even if it has not changed this proves little. Anyone who reads the Koran must come to the realisation that it a cold book with a distant and unknowable God.
    Robbie,

How well do you know the Koran? Really? We do know all the other holy books words have changed to go with the times. How do we know they got the translation correct? We simple do not know! Roman Catholics would not even let the JW's in their door, they were so against their understanding of the bible! I know that for a fact.

That is how I knew they were always very well dressed and polite even if a door was slammed in their face. You on the other hand do not act like a JW, think they would be proud of what you've done on this site???

-VR
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 03:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I was moved, and then bumped into you. The hate cannot end for Abraham's children, because you won't let it.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 06:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hear hear.

It's good to be here with you guys and it's about time I told you all the truth about myself.
    Uh......I wouldn't do that if I were you Dive.......😲
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 07:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Uh......I wouldn't do that if I were you Dive.......😲
    It's done...this the real me in my profile.
    I apologise for the years of deception, I'm really just a girl.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 07:45
    You're a girl.
    But you're not her!!!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 07:47
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You're a girl.
    But you're not her!!!
    Would you like me to send you some photos 😉
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 07:50
    Would you like me to send you some photos 😉
    No. If I want to see an old hag, I"ll visit the corner market.
  13. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 09:49
    Can we meet up.
    Always admired you 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree