1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 09:45
    @david-burton said
    no we met in McCoys 31st may 70 The Band Free were playing and the missus knew Paul Rodgers so got in on a Pass,I went every week and went with a mate,we split 2 girls up on the dance floor and I walked of with the prize.
    I thought for moment there you meant McCoys the newsagents!

Your missus knew Paul Rogers … wow. Nice connection. I loved Free.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 09:55
    We had heart shaped crumpets for breakfast this morning 😄
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 10:12
    @divegeester said
    We had heart shaped crumpets for breakfast this morning 😄
    Did you use strawberry or raspberry jam to make them red?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 10:17
    @a-unique-nickname said
    Did you use strawberry or raspberry jam to make them red?
    Marmite to symbolise my black heart 🖤

😂
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 10:18
    😂
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 10:222 edits
    @divegeester said
    I thought for moment there you meant McCoys the newsagents!

Your missus knew Paul Rogers … wow. Nice connection. I loved Free.
    Her best Friend Carol Douthwaite had a baby to Paul as far as I know he supported the child to adulthood and beyond,sat in with them a couple of times before a gig,all quiet lads all very petite(under 5ft 6)simon was the shy one andy frazer a bit more in your face,paul was very quiet until he let that guitar rip....Our song is All Right Now.happy days.PS she knew Chris Rea also, he sang in her church choir and was a big pal of John McCoy the night club owner.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 14:41
    @divegeester said
    We both see the 14th of Feb as manufactured ‘for the masses’ commercial nonsense driven by marketing agencies.

How much did you spend on your significant offer then?
    Did you mean "significant other"?

I have many "significant others". My friends are all "significant" to me, and they know it.

"Valentines"? Not so much.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 17:22
    @Suzianne

You probably need a good other 🤣
  9. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 18:07
    @david-burton said
    Her best Friend Carol Douthwaite had a baby to Paul as far as I know he supported the child to adulthood and beyond,sat in with them a couple of times before a gig,all quiet lads all very petite(under 5ft 6)simon was the shy one andy frazer a bit more in your face,paul was very quiet until he let that guitar rip....Our song is All Right Now.happy days.PS she knew Chris Rea also, he sang in her church choir and was a big pal of John McCoy the night club owner.
    That's good company.....before some became Bad Company. And as far as Chris, some here would resonate with The Road To Hell.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 18:38
    @pettytalk said
    That's good company.....before some became Bad Company. And as far as Chris, some here would resonate with The Road To Hell.
    I heard Chris Reas demo tape before the record company,I was working in one of his dad's coffee/ice cream bars where he played it to us all,total blues, nothing like his first couple of albums.
  11. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 19:52
    @david-burton said
    I heard Chris Reas demo tape before the record company,I was working in one of his dad's coffee/ice cream bars where he played it to us all,total blues, nothing like his first couple of albums.
    How nice. I have most of his work.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 20:26
    Who cares if Valentine's Day is a "manufactured" holiday. So is Christmas. And all the chocolate bunnies sold on Easter.

Any excuse to enjoy spending time with your SO is a good one.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '24 21:40
    @pettytalk said
    How nice. I have most of his work.
    A very underrated slide guitarist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree