15 Oct '17 20:482 edits
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Oct '17 15:08
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    who? how?

Would you argue that a healthy Person being killed by a Freak accident dies healthy?
    Would you argue, that a Person dying of old Age without any recognisable illness would die healthy?

The Body is constantly fighting against thermodynamics, when is it healthy in the first place?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 19:20
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    who? how?

Would you argue that a healthy Person being killed by a Freak accident dies healthy?
    Would you argue, that a Person dying of old Age without any recognisable illness would die healthy?

The Body is constantly fighting against thermodynamics, when is it healthy in the first place?
    Nop.
    Nop.
    If one don't yell out of pains, he's healthy.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 22:39
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Nop.
    Nop.
    If one don't yell out of pains, he's healthy.
    So the thread should have been titled "Health freak that wants to die painlessly", no?
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 10:472 edits
    Vitamin A, carrot juice and liver cirrhosis:

THE NEW YORK TIMES. FEB 17, 1974

LONDON, Feb. 16—A coroner's inquest here has found that the death of a 48‐year‐old health‐food enthusiast was caused by “carrot‐juice addiction.” The coroner's court heard evidence this week that Basil Brown, a scientist had taken 70 million units of Vitamin A in 10 days. In addition he was drinking about a gallon of carrot juice a day during that time. His skin was bright yellow when he died.

Dr. David Haler, the pathologist who performed an autopsy, said that the effect of the enormous intake of Vitamin A from carrots and tablets was indistinguishable from alcoholic poisoning. It produces the same result, he said—cirrhosis of the liver.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 13:55
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Vitamin A, carrot juice and liver cirrhosis:

THE NEW YORK TIMES. FEB 17, 1974

LONDON, Feb. 16—A coroner's inquest here has found that the death of a 48‐year‐old health‐food enthusiast was caused by “carrot‐juice addiction.” The coroner's court heard evidence this week that Basil Brown, a scientist had taken 70 million units of Vitamin A in 10 days. ...[text shortened]... guishable from alcoholic poisoning. It produces the same result, he said—cirrhosis of the liver.
    Eat, drink and be merry (all of which SHOULD be done in moderation. Variety, in "All" things, is best with one, notable 😉, exception...)
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 13:572 edits
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Eat, drink and be merry (all of which SHOULD be done in moderation. Variety, in "All" things, is best with one, notable 😉, exception...)
    I think many of us of mature age know what is good for us and what is not. 🙂
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 14:24
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I think many of us of mature age know what is good for us and what is not. 🙂
    True enough and we experimented earlier on.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 14:26
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    True enough and we experimented earlier on.
    And I'm glad we did.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 14:31
    Originally posted by @torunn
    And I'm glad we did.
    In ones youth, one is invincible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree