1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 21:12
    VPN link, eh? Let’s see how good the encryption algorithm is.

Dalai Lama.

If you can read the line above this one, the Chinese govt hasn’t cracked it yet.
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 00:021 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    VPN link, eh? Let’s see how good the encryption algorithm is.

Dalai Lama.

If you can read the line above this one, the Chinese govt hasn’t cracked it yet.
    The moron value of the forum has gone down since the last time I came to China. First post of it's kind this time round. Congratulations!!! You're only 9 years behind the curve.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 10:58
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    The moron value of the forum has gone down since the last time I came to China. First post of it's kind this time round. Congratulations!!! You're only 9 years behind the curve.
    https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/article-internet-access-in-china.htm

Quoted from the site:

"China restricts access to certain types of websites, predominantly those which permit free interaction between people, such as social media and sites given to forum-style discussions. Thus you will find Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and other social network sites are not available in mainland China. Travelers to Hong Kong and Macau will have normal access to these sites.

Of particular concern to many foreign visitors is Google. For some years, access to Google services has been impeded and, since 2014, access to most of Google has been blocked.

It is best to assume you may not be able to access your favorite sites. From a foreign perspective, China's Internet now verges upon the dysfunctional. And the increase in blocking year by year brings inconvenience to foreign travelers. So be prepared to adapt, and certainly prepare for the possibility of having no access to even crucial services (such as email) for the duration of your stay in China, making preparations accordingly prior to your departure.

Alternatively, consider investing in a VPN service. However, be sure that the service itself is not blocked in China. These, too, have become increasingly unreliable.

Another option is a China-firewall-avoiding data SIM card...."

Is this information incorrect?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree