Help from computer guru's

Help from computer guru's

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Mar 17

I found a 16 gig flash drive, thumb drive, whatever you want to call it. It says it has 14 gigs of stuff. But when you open it it says empty folder. I copied it to desktop and it went really slow like it was pumping out gigs of data but the folder on the desktop also says empty folder even though 'properties' says there is 14 gigs there.

Any idea how to get into this drive? What would be missing for it to say empty folder but properties says there is 14 gigs there?

Moves
21 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
I found a 16 gig flash drive, thumb drive, whatever you want to call it. It says it has 14 gigs of stuff. But when you open it it says empty folder. I copied it to desktop and it went really slow like it was pumping out gigs of data but the folder on the desktop also says empty folder even though 'properties' says there is 14 gigs there.

Any idea how to ...[text shortened]... ve? What would be missing for it to say empty folder but properties says there is 14 gigs there?
"A fatal error has occurred"

F

Moves
21 Mar 17
2 edits

Any idea how to ...[text shortened]... ve? What would be missing for it to say empty folder but properties says there is 14 gigs there?

or...

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-525552-folder-in-pendrive-shows-empty

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
21 Mar 17

Maybe Seagate DiscWizard?

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 17

There may be encrypted data on it. That would register a size but be unreadable w/o the key. Did it fall off the back of an FBI agent's truck recently?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Mar 17

Originally posted by moonbus
There may be encrypted data on it. That would register a size but be unreadable w/o the key. Did it fall off the back of an FBI agent's truck recently?
No, just an old drive I found in a drawer. It can't be TOO old since it is a 16 gig drive. I know there are many times that now available but I would not pay 150 bucks for a 16 when the standard was say 4 gigs. So I bought it within the past couple years.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
[youtube]A8E60w2lEmQ[/youtube]

or...

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-525552-folder-in-pendrive-shows-empty
Thanks for that. Worth a shot. I have some disk recovery software I forgot about, wasn't thinking of it like a hard drive. It seems there must be data on that drive because when I copied it it took a long time to copy. My assumption there is, if it was truly empty, it would have just done the job in a millisecond but it was more like 20 minutes futzing around loading.