General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    48729
    09 Sep '18 09:52
    Originally posted by @badradger
    first thing one learns is to roger the cabin boy & seaman stains
    The Urban Legend that is Capt Pugwash .... sadly all untrue.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    10269
    09 Sep '18 11:27
    A common misconception is that it is named after the current monarch, but it is actually named after Queen Elizabeth I.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    48729
    09 Sep '18 11:37
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    A common misconception is that it is named after the current monarch, but it is actually named after Queen Elizabeth I.
    Incorrect.
    She is actually named after the war ship Queen Elizabeth.
    (Which was obviously named after Queen Elizabeth I)
  4. Standard memberbadradger
    Scallywag
    the pie shop
    Joined
    09 Sep '18
    Moves
    16389
    09 Sep '18 11:45
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Incorrect.
    She is actually named after the war ship Queen Elizabeth.
    (Which was obviously named after Queen Elizabeth I)
    spot on old bean.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    114138
    10 Sep '18 13:31
    Originally posted by @badradger
    spot on old bean.
    Well, the spot on the old bean may very well be a fungus...well it could be. 🤔 😀
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    48729
    10 Sep '18 19:16
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Well, the spot on the old bean may very well be a fungus...well it could be. 🤔 😀
    Anthracnose perhaps?
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    114138
    11 Sep '18 11:59
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Anthracnose perhaps?
    Likely yes.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    10269
    11 Sep '18 12:16
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Incorrect.
    She is actually named after the war ship Queen Elizabeth.
    (Which was obviously named after Queen Elizabeth I)
    *sighs*


    (Which was obviously named after Queen Elizabeth I)

    This was what was important...

    But yes, you are right.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    10269
    11 Sep '18 12:17
    Originally posted by @badradger
    spot on old bean.
    "Old bean"? That's very unflattering!
Back to Top