I did it, finally...

I did it, finally...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

It was yesterday, at some Greek taverna, whist Manchester City and WHU played their game and over second bottle of Keiser beer.

I came in from the beach from swimming (I did 60 minutes´ tae bo for old grandmothers in low watter and then swam a bit. I changed in a cute cabin like from movie about Monsieur Hullot. I was wearing bermudas on bare butt. I changed sandals, too.

I came into this restaurant with beach bag full of wet stuff and beach mat and all this.

And I took out my iphone which I used only a s a camera and voice recorder.

And I asked for a password for Wi-Fi.
And I joined the network.

It was difficult to remember what to do, to find Google. Finally I tried "Safari" and that was it.

I typed redhotpawn.com.

I found it. I managed to log-in with my frikadelle-fingers on little screen of iphone 4.

And I realized I cam play on the phone!
Quite amazing. I forgot the game, City was attacking in efforts to equalize, but I couldn´t care less.

I saw a new Hardcore tournament began.

Some player resigned both games without a move and made me sad about it.

The first available game on my phone was against vpadilla7.
And I played 1. e4 on September 19th, 20:20 Greek time, 19:20 CET.

So I did it, I made my very first move on iphone.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
20 Sep 15

F

Moves
20 Sep 15

I'd always assumed that one of the stipulations in that massive bailout package that they finally nutted out for Greece was that vandervelde would leave the country.

Berg Katze

The Edge of Sanity

Moves
20 Sep 15

Welcome to the collective. 🙄

fc

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
21 Sep 15

Originally posted by vandervelde
It was yesterday, at some Greek taverna, whist Manchester City and WHU played their game and over second bottle of Keiser beer.

I came in from the beach from swimming (I did 60 minutes´ tae bo for old grandmothers in low watter and then swam a bit. I changed in a cute cabin like from movie about Monsieur Hullot. I was wearing bermudas on bare butt. I ...[text shortened]... eptember 19th, 20:20 Greek time, 19:20 CET.

So I did it, I made my very first move on iphone.
e4 was the first move in a RHP game for over 5 millin times.

For that occasion soemthing more exotic would have been called for, don't you think?

Moves
21 Sep 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Thanks. Small step for a gadget world but a giant one for a fountain pen user.

F

Moves
21 Sep 15

Thanks. Small step for a gadget world but a giant one for a fountain pen user.
If Neil Armstrong had tried to say this, he'd have probably said 'One small step for fountain pen user but a giant step for fountain pen users', so I'm glad you got it out right.

Moves
22 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
If Neil Armstrong had tried to say this, he'd have probably said 'One small step for fountain pen user but a giant step for fountain pen users', so I'm glad you got it out right.
http://www.space.com/17307-neil-armstrong-one-small-step-quote.html

F

Moves
22 Sep 15

http://www.space.com/17307-neil-armstrong-one-small-step-quote.html
He blew it. But we know what he meant to say. 😛

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
25 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
He blew it. But we know what he meant to say. 😛
we know what he was suppoed to say. The NASA did order a n aphorism for the occasion as Henry Miller told us.