1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:38
    ...and i don't mean my Halloween costume.

The process here in Ireland is notoriously slow and laborious. I collected my licence today. I will be quitting my job of 16 years, and starting a new chapter.

That's nice.

🙂🙂🙂
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:40
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound

The process here in Ireland is notoriously slow and laborious. I collected my licence today. I will be quitting my job of 16 years, and starting a new chapter.

That's nice.

🙂🙂🙂
    Good luck!
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:48
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Good luck!
    Thank you Sir/madam.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:56

That's nice.

🙂🙂🙂
    Excellent.

Can I book you for next Thursday?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:571 edit

That's nice.

🙂🙂🙂
    What was your old job? good luck with the new one. You own your own taxi? Are you doing Dublin? I was there once, stayed at a B&B in Lexlip.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 17:12

That's nice.

🙂🙂🙂
    Did your "entrepreneurial gambit" ever get off the ground? Good luck with the taxi business.
  7. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 17:22
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Did your "entrepreneurial gambit" ever get off the ground? Good luck with the taxi business.
    Nope. Lost a shirt. Slowly got it back lol.

Thanks man. Now the hard work starts.
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 17:24
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What was your old job? good luck with the new one. You own your own taxi? Are you doing Dublin? I was there once, stayed at a B&B in Lexlip.
    A patrol and response driver for a big Security company. I can say that now. In the past i've kept my job quiet, as i know what the internet can do to a person if they take a dislike...now i don't care. I work for myself now, so haters can't really hurt it.

Dublin is where i live mate.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 17:33
    Nope. Lost a shirt. Slowly got it back lol.

Thanks man. Now the hard work starts.
    Entrepreneurs often don't "make it" with their first try. Sounds as though you still have the "bug". There's nothing quite like working for yourself. How's the family...still growing?
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 17:47
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Entrepreneurs often don't "make it" with their first try. Sounds as though you still have the "bug". There's nothing quite like working for yourself. How's the family...still growing?
    Trick or treating tonight. The wee one will be 6 on Friday. Pity Phlabs isn't still on here, i'd consider a return to the US for a friendly game lol. Hope you and your's are doing ok.
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 17:53
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Excellent.

Can I book you for next Thursday?
    I don't go across the sea at this time of night 😉
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 18:11
    I don't go across the sea at this time of night 😉
    🙂 Not even for a million pound tip?
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 18:161 edit
    Trick or treating tonight. The wee one will be 6 on Friday. Pity Phlabs isn't still on here, i'd consider a return to the US for a friendly game lol. Hope you and your's are doing ok.
    Yes I really enjoyed that time at his place with "the gang". The Handy One is still about. Wonder what Phlabs is up to.
    Edit: Oooops forgot to respond to your last bit. All is AOK here thanks. "officially" retired now (have been for about 4 years) and as is cliche, wondering how I had time to "work". 😉
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 18:56
    A patrol and response driver for a big Security company. I can say that now. In the past i've kept my job quiet, as i know what the internet can do to a person if they take a dislike...now i don't care. I work for myself now, so haters can't really hurt it.

Tell them the truth, Huck. You were the getaway driver on those big bank jobs. 😉 Money all spent?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 22:42

Ah, did you ever hear the "Dingleberry's' play the pubs there? I played a set with them, I only had my mandolin but I knew at least half the tunes they played.

I had an Irish band in Venice Beach a few centuries ago, Southwind, got some nice airplay and did a lot of gigs in LA.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree