The Plot
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 15:25
    @executioner-brand said
    My 2 part plan worked.
    1) Change to vaping
    2) Quit vaping

Roughly $100 better a week.
    I still get urges to supply my body with nicotine but hey I smoked 30 years.
    I used a quit clinic and from there I could work out the decreasing factors and timeframe similar to quitting with patches or gum.

Edit: the greatest success is not the money but lack of poison that was forming on my tongue whilst on forced schizophrenia meds.
    Well done you! Having a diagnosis of schizophrenia would make it extremely hard to quit. You must be one in a million.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 16:05
    @drewnogal said
    Well done you! Having a diagnosis of schizophrenia would make it extremely hard to quit. You must be one in a million.
    I don't believe he accepts the diagnosis.

Quitting anything addictive isn't easy, but always a noble endeavor.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 17:35
    @executioner-brand said
    My 2 part plan worked.
    1) Change to vaping
    2) Quit vaping

I used a quit clinic and from there I could work out the decreasing factors and timeframe similar to quitting with patches or gum.

Edit: the greatest success is not the money but lack of poison that was forming on my tongue whilst on forced schizophrenia meds.
    live long, and prosper
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 17:38
    @executioner-brand said
    My 2 part plan worked.
    1) Change to vaping
    2) Quit vaping

Congrats...I found it harder to quit smoking than drinking!

Stay with it if you possibly can!

-VR
  5. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 19:292 edits
    @drewnogal said
    A name is a name.
    But if I battled with voices and belief of things that aren't real then maybe it would be harder. My struggles are with traumatic brain injury, especially noise that stops me sleeping.

It is actually easier being schizophrenic when you understand you are being poisoned.
  6. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 19:40
    @divegeester said
    If you could change your avatar it would represent a turning point...
    I had a friend recently die from suicide. He was on the compulsory mental health act and picking butts off the street to support his habit.
    My avatar shows the poison that is created when smoking whilst on schizophrenia meds that are forced. So the only way to stop the poison is to quit smokes because mental health professions rarely admit they are wrong.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 00:17
    @torunn said
    @Suzianne
    Isn't it all about breaking a habit?
    Yep, after a certain point, it's all mental.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 11:211 edit
    @executioner-brand said
    I had a friend recently die from suicide. He was on the compulsory mental health act and picking butts off the street to support his habit.
    My avatar shows the poison that is created when smoking whilst on schizophrenia meds that are forced. So the only way to stop the poison is to quit smokes because mental health professions rarely admit they are wrong.
    I think a more accurate statement would be Mental Health Professionals never admit they are wrong! 😉

-VR
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 12:50
    @very-rusty said
    I think a more accurate statement would be Mental Health Professionals never admit they are wrong! 😉

-VR
    There is nothing accurate about that statement.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 12:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    There is nothing accurate about that statement.
    Have you admitted to be wrong about anything to do with your mental health care outreach?

THINK before you answer of things you may have said in the past!!!! 😛 😉

VR
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 12:57
    @very-rusty said
    Have you admitted to be wrong about anything to do with your mental health care outreach?

THINK before you answer of things you may have said in the past!!!! 😛 😉

VR
    Like all professions, we learn from our mistakes and I have certainly made my share in my time. (Especially when starting out).

I recall, for instance, doing a home visit many years ago without familiarising myself with the risk assessment, and finding myself sitting in front of someone ranting about human sacrifices, and then spotting the large carving knife on the coffee table.

Those kind of mistakes are rarely repeated.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 13:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Like all professions, we learn from our mistakes and I have certainly made my share in my time. (Especially when starting out).

I recall, for instance, doing a home visit many years ago without familiarising myself with the risk assessment, and finding myself sitting in front of someone ranting about human sacrifices, and then spotting the large carving knife on the coffee table.

Those kind of mistakes are rarely repeated.
    What is the most difficult part of your profession? Is it being objective and still maintain empathy? Or what would it be?
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 13:11
    @torunn said
    What is the most difficult part of your profession? Is it being objective and still maintain empathy? Or what would it be?
    I think the main challenge is the same as when I worked in terminal care, and that's not taking things home with me at the end of the day. Life is stressful enough as it is, but certainly when I started out I was a bit like a sponge soaking up the problems of the people I cared for. - The only way to cope in my area of work is to have that mental switch between work and my private life.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 13:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think the main challenge is the same as when I worked in terminal care, and that's not taking things home with me at the end of the day. Life is stressful enough as it is, but certainly when I started out I was a bit like a sponge soaking up the problems of the people I cared for. - The only way to cope in my area of work is to have that mental switch between work and my private life.
    Interesting indeed. You have a difficult and demanding profession - certainly a job where you grow and mature every day.
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 13:31
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    A classic mistake is to misdiagnose bipolar II as unipolar depression. They try them on SSRI's which causes the patient to require hospitalization for psychosis/mania. The psychiatrists generally admit to that particular error.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree