1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 21:01
    There's a new beverage center about a half a mile from my house and they have a few brands of Icelandic White Ale stocked. I was going to give one a go; has anybody here ever drank one? I'm asking for opinions from beer connoisseurs.

I know they have Einstok; is that the best of the lot?
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 21:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    There's a new beverage center about a half a mile from my house and they have a few brands of Icelandic White Ale stocked. I was going to give one a go; has anybody here ever drank one? I'm asking for opinions from beer connoisseurs.

if it's still in the bottle,
    how can it be the best???
    for the liquid gold inside,
    hasn't had the ultimate test...
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 21:161 edit

I have not tasted it but it looks like its a wheat beer, which means its light with coriander/peppery tones. ABV, 5.2, not too heavy. Gets a fairly goods review. Not a big fan of wheat beers, preferring Pale Ales, Indian Pale Ales, Porters and Stouts.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/27839/77315/
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 21:211 edit
    Originally posted by rookie54
    if it's still in the bottle,
    how can it be the best???
    for the liquid gold inside,
    hasn't had the ultimate test...
    Dude you down south, right?? Any chance of shipping me some, Karbach Hop delusion? Made with love in Texas!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26762/91221/
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 21:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have not tasted it but it looks like its a wheat beer, which means its light with coriander/peppery tones. ABV, 5.2, not too heavy. Gets a fairly goods review. Not a big fan of wheat beers, preferring Pale Ales, Indian Pale Ales, Porters and Stouts.

Thanks for the link. One of the comments: ". I would definitely recommend this as an ice cold beer on a warm late spring day." It's 75 F and I was going to sit on my front lawn and have a few cold ones while listening to a game. Sounds like it might work.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 21:26
    Dude you down south, right?? Any chance of shipping me some, Karbach Hop delusion? Made with love in Texas!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26762/91221/
    I'm about two hundred miles from Canada, brother. Doubt we have local Texan beers available anyplace close.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 21:29
    Thanks for the link. One of the comments: ". I would definitely recommend this as an ice cold beer on a warm late spring day." It's 75 F and I was going to sit on my front lawn and have a few cold ones while listening to a game. Sounds like it might work.
    Yes, you are real lucky, a new craft beer shop! I'd have a dedicated beer fridge its gonna get roasty toasty, even here in the frozen North its been scorching.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 21:30
    I'm about two hundred miles from Canada, brother. Doubt we have local Texan beers available anyplace close.
    Aye, tis a great pity, that beer is meant to be the ultimate in Imperial IPA's, it almost scores perfect!
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 00:24
    ugh, another hipster with his beer worshipping.

first it was coffee, then beer... what next? buttplugs?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 00:45
    Originally posted by Seitse

My dear sir one does not worship beer, one crafts it from natures own bounty!
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 01:20
    Originally posted by Seitse

What!?!
    You mean to say we can plug them in??
    What a time to be alive!
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 14:26
    I misread this thread title as "Icelandic White Whale". So at first, I thought people were making beer from whales somehow.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 14:39
    Originally posted by vivify
    I misread this thread title as "Icelandic White Whale". So at first, I thought people were making beer from whales somehow.
    Although Belugas (White Whales) are not commonly seen around Iceland there have been reports of a few "stragglers" seen in the vicinity.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 15:141 edit

What is ABV? Oh, never mind, Alcohol By Volume.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 16:43

The store wound up having an Einstok Porter (I don't care for Porters) and a Pale Ale as well as the White Ale. I went for the Pale Ale; it was okay but nothing special and quite pricey - $15 a six pack.

I'll probably give the White Ale a shot at some point. Thanks for the input.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree