General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    23 Mar '16 15:42
    ...whose would it be?

    I'm thinking Louis Armstrong. Or any good operatic baritone. Armstrong would be an unbeatable party trick 😀
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    109919
    23 Mar '16 15:56
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    ...whose would it be?

    I'm thinking Louis Armstrong. Or any good operatic baritone. Armstrong would be an unbeatable party trick 😀
    I have two.
    1) Janis Joplin
    2) Edith Piaf
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    23 Mar '16 15:581 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I have two.
    1) Janis Joplin
    2) Edith Piaf
    If I could sing with a woman's voice, non-classical/opera, it might be Ella Fitzgerald. Imagine if both wishes came true – I could do the full Ella/Louis duets!

    Alternatively, I could be cursed with the voice of Bob Dylan...
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    23 Mar '16 16:02
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    If I could sing with a woman's voice, non-classical/opera, it might be Ella Fitzgerald. Imagine if both wishes came true – I could do the full Ella/Louis duets!

    Alternatively, I could be cursed with the voice of Bob Dylan...
    I would love to have the singing voice of the late great Stan Rogers.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    109919
    23 Mar '16 16:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I would love to have the singing voice of the late great Stan Rogers.
    A true balladeer.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    23 Mar '16 16:39
    Diamanda Galás.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    23 Mar '16 17:16
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    ...whose would it be?

    I'm thinking Louis Armstrong. Or any good operatic baritone. Armstrong would be an unbeatable party trick 😀
    Satchmo had a crappy singing voice.
    I'd go with Tom Jones.
    "What's new pussycat? Woaahhh oh woaaahhh woaahhh ohhhh"
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    23 Mar '16 19:45
    Frank Sinatra
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    23 Mar '16 21:11
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Frank Sinatra
    Rando Gando hey sup!
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    23 Mar '16 21:12
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Frank Sinatra
    Sober, while getting serviced by Nancy Reagan, or at his best?

    They are all different intonations, you know.
  11. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29992
    23 Mar '16 23:22
    Tom Waits
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    3847
    23 Mar '16 23:56
    Male: Nat Cole.
    Female: Stevie Nicks.

    And if I could play guitar: Jeff Beck (knocks Clapton into a cocked hat).
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    24 Mar '16 10:283 edits
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Male: Nat Cole.
    Female: Stevie Nicks.

    And if I could play guitar: Jeff Beck (knocks Clapton into a cocked hat).
    As far as guitar goes, there are hundreds of people better than Beck, in the acoustic world there is Bert Jansch, John Renbourn, Al Pettaway, Martin Simpson, Reverend Gary Davis, Robert Johnson, Tommy Emanuel, Doc Watson, Rory Block, Stefan Grossman, and many more. These guys actually know how to play stuff on guitar that is not just fast licks in a rock band.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    3847
    24 Mar '16 10:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    As far as guitar goes, there are hundreds of people better than Beck, in the acoustic world there is Bert Jansch, John Renbourn, Al Pettaway, Martin Simpson, Reverend Gary Davis, Robert Johnson, Tommy Emanuel, Doc Watson, Rory Block, Stefan Grossman, and many more. These guys actually know how to play stuff on guitar that is not just fast licks in a rock band.
    So much music, so little time. Sigh.
  15. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29992
    24 Mar '16 12:38
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Alas, I could never afford enough cocaine to get anywhere near suffering from that, but I made a solid attempt to consume enough booze and fags so I could sound like Tom Waits.
Back to Top