General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Joined
    19 Oct '04
    Moves
    176085
    12 Jan '14 04:13
    Have you ever a date on a calender that had a great significance and you still missed it?
    How about if missing it was due to your position at work?
    Well January 11th this year is my 11th wedding anniversary and it holds importance to me as 11 is a number my wife and I share in common in more ways than 1. Our birth dates are also on the 11th (different months though).
    This year though, I started a new job far different than any other job I have ever done. I am driving the big rigs across the U.S. and Canada. Since I am still quite new to this, I couldn't be home for this anniversary. Yes I did talk with her and even Skyped for a while. This year is far different as I have always planned what we are going to do to keep her surprised, and just couldn't do it.
    Now I am not asking for sympathy, this was a decision we both knew a while ago would cause this to happen, but rather, has anyone else missed an important date due to being away from home, and how did you handle it?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    12 Jan '14 05:35
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    Have you ever a date on a calender that had a great significance and you still missed it?
    How about if missing it was due to your position at work?
    Well January 11th this year is my 11th wedding anniversary and it holds importance to me as 11 is a number my wife and I share in common in more ways than 1. Our birth dates are also on the 11th (different ...[text shortened]... has anyone else missed an important date due to being away from home, and how did you handle it?
    I'd think if you both knew it was for the best for keeping together your relationship in an ongoing state, you didn't really miss it. It's how you spent it; doing just that.
  3. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Joined
    19 Oct '04
    Moves
    176085
    12 Jan '14 05:46
    I know, what I am looking for is how others may have handle similar situations
  4. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88355
    12 Jan '14 08:49
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    I know, what I am looking for is how others may have handle similar situations
    What is the situation; the fact that an anniversary was missed, or the management of the consequences?
  5. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Joined
    19 Oct '04
    Moves
    176085
    12 Jan '14 15:591 edit
    The management but any input is good too.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10325
    13 Jan '14 13:09
    I once missed my own birthday.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97209
    13 Jan '14 13:23
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I once missed my own birthday.
    Is there anyone who remembers yours?
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10325
    13 Jan '14 20:55
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Is there anyone who remembers yours?
    Cold :'(
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97209
    13 Jan '14 21:03
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Cold :'(
    There, there now, PM me and I'll write the date on my calendar so you'll get one person remembering.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10325
    13 Jan '14 21:13
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    There, there now, PM me and I'll write the date on my calendar so you'll get one person remembering.
    You would need to write it in next years calender.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97209
    13 Jan '14 21:21
    Originally posted by Trev33
    You would need to write it in next years calender.
    No problem, oh, happy belated birthday, also get spellcheck it's "dar". Hey that's what I can get you for you birthday next year...a dictionary. "😉
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    13 Jan '14 21:32
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    No problem, oh, happy belated birthday, also get spellcheck it's "dar". Hey that's what I can get you for you birthday next year...a dictionary. "😉
    your birthday "😉
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97209
    13 Jan '14 21:36
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    your birthday "😉
    You're like a shark aren't you? You can smell blood a mile away. 😀😳
  14. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    13 Jan '14 21:41
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    You're like a shark aren't you? You can smell blood a mile away. 😀😳
    His corrections are fun 🙂
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97209
    13 Jan '14 21:43
    Originally posted by lolof
    His corrections are fun 🙂
    Oh sure, for you maybe, but you never make spelling mistakes.😳
Back to Top