General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    13 May '13 22:291 edit
    "Inconsequentials"

    "in·con·se·quen·tial": [in-kon-si-kwen-shuhl]; adjective: of little or no importance; insignificant; trivial; inconsequent; illogical, irrelevant. Origin: 1615–25; related forms: in·con·se·uen·ti·al·i·ty, noun, icon·se·quen·tial·ly, adverb."
    (Dictionary.com Unabridged)

    i know a guy who snips the thin strings of tea bags and saves them with the tags in a small glass bowl as an ornament in his new kitchen. do you know anyone guilty of committing this benign, lower case crime of random "inconsequentials"? (g)
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    13 May '13 23:021 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Inconsequentials"

    "in·con·se·quen·tial": [in-kon-si-kwen-shuhl]; adjective: of little or no importance; insignificant; trivial; inconsequent; illogical, irrelevant. Origin: 1615–25; related forms: in·con·se·uen·ti·al·i·ty, noun, icon·se·quen·tial·ly, adverb."
    (Dictionary.com Unabridged)

    i know a guy who snips the thin strings of t ...[text shortened]... yone guilty of committing this benign, lower case crime of random "inconsequentials"? (g)[/b]
    Hmm...
    Seems my own forum posts are little more than your friend's decoration. Not that it matters one way or another.
    Over the years I've tried to make people laugh. Maybe take their minds of their troubles or worries for a brief moment. If that occurred, then the post were indeed of consequence.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138505
    14 May '13 03:39
    broken rubber bands,
    and toenail clippings...
    random noze boogers,
    and bacon grease drippings...

    these are a few of my favorite things...
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 May '13 07:521 edit
    One neighbor keeps a small flashlight on the nightstand, even mentioning it in public conversation for laughs.
    Guess it's a throwback to childhood when she took a secret flashlight to bed for reading beneath the sheets.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    14 May '13 14:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    One neighbor keeps a small flashlight on the nightstand, even mentioning it in public conversation for laughs.
    Guess it's a throwback to childhood when she took a secret flashlight to bed for reading beneath the sheets.
    That's practical if the power goes out in the middle of the night.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 May '13 21:191 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

    That's practical if the power goes out in the middle of the night.
    My Mother took that precaution during the decade of her eighties. With her the motivation was less out of concern for power failure than to provide light for frequent trips to the bathroom. Minimal light enabled her to resume sleep within minutes. Last week I changed the Photo in my RHP Profile to give Songbird a well deserved rest. The new one's of my Mom in her early twenties. She passed in December, 2011, at the age of ninety three. Up until the last month, she still read novels and enjoyed playing "Upwords", for her a greater challenge than "Scrabble", with friends. My parents gave us so much.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138505
    14 May '13 22:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    One neighbor keeps a small flashlight on the nightstand
    my wife has one of them "flashlights", too,
    awesome the number of batteries she use...
    she says it helps her chase them blues,
    if that's all it takes, i got nothing to lose...
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    15 May '13 08:22
    Recently learned that many apartment residents place "Vials of Life" (containing typed lists of allergies, med regimes, emergency contact/health proxy/power of attorney cell numbers) on the right hand side of the top shelf of their refrigerator doors. Apparently, this precaution has gained endorsement of both local law enforcement and first responders.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    15 May '13 13:051 edit
    I collect bag tags from airports from travels.
    And bills from interesting pastry shops and cafes abroad; after some years they fade out (something with paper and print...).
    And chocolate and candy wrappers... Boxes for belgian pralines etc.
  10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138505
    15 May '13 17:22
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Recently learned that many apartment residents place "Vials of Life" (containing typed lists of allergies, med regimes, emergency contact/health proxy/power of attorney cell numbers) on the right hand side of the top shelf of their refrigerator doors. Apparently, this precaution has gained endorsement of both local law enforcement and first responders.
    ummmm, grampy???
    is this information truly 'inconsequential'???

    never mind...
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 May '13 12:41
    Originally posted by rookie54

    ummmm, grampy???
    is this information truly 'inconsequential'???

    never mind...
    Though "Vials" [of Life] seemed an ordinary and diminutive item found in high school
    chemistry laboratories, I think your comment makes sense. Thanks, Rookie.
Back to Top