Is trans trendy now?

Is trans trendy now?

General

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
12 Jul 23

Less than 2% of the population identifies themselves as transsexual (and at least 10% of those are sexually straight, but simply trying to call attention to themselves) So, why so many posts here over such a tiny group of people? Is the trans topic "trendy" now?

Moves
12 Jul 23

@mchill said
Less than 2% of the population identifies themselves as transsexual (and at least 10% of those are sexually straight, but simply trying to call attention to themselves) So, why so many posts here over such a tiny group of people? Is the trans topic "trendy" now?
How was life under that rock?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
12 Jul 23

Trans has been trendy for a while now.

But I wouldn't put any more weight to it than a foot fetish - as in, who gives a truck

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
12 Jul 23

in 1978 i went to the midnight showing of the rocky horror picture show
tim curry starred as dr frankenfurter, an absolutely devious transsexual who creates the perfect man, rocky horror
the next week i went again, in costume as rocky horror
i would do it again, even as my abs have turned to belly

how many years has it been since 1978?

Moves
13 Jul 23
1 edit

@rookie54 said
tim curry starred as dr frankenfurter, an absolutely devious transsexual who creates the perfect man, rocky horror
I watched that movie on TV many years ago.
I had a bowl microwaved popcorn, beer and was dressed only in my underpants and an old AC/DC at Monsters of Rock Donnington 1984 t-shirt. I may have scratched my balls once or twice during the broadcast.

#Sliding Doors

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jul 23
2 edits

@rookie54 said

how many years has it been since 1978?
In 1978, I turned 2.

Did you know that in a few theaters across the country, they are still having midnight showings of RHPS, complete with stage show on weekends?

"Magenta's not a bitch!"

Moves
13 Jul 23

@suzianne said
In 1978, I turned 2.

Did you know that in a few theaters across the country, they are still having midnight showings of RHPS, complete with stage show on weekends?

"Magenta's not a bitch!"
Pff. In 1978 I was starting primary school.

rain

Moves
13 Jul 23

@mchill said
It's because of the social and political backlash they face from conservative groups, thereby constantly vaulting them into the news.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jul 23

@earl-of-trumps said
Trans has been trendy for a while now.

But I wouldn't put any more weight to it than a foot fetish - as in, who gives a truck
This is a characteristic of the far-right. Denigrate everyone that is not like you.

First women, then blacks, then gays, now transgender is the newest boogeyman.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jul 23

@vivify said
It's because of the social and political backlash they face from conservative groups, thereby constantly vaulting them into the news.
Exactly. They can't be happy just treating other humans as... humans. They have to have a "bad" guy, a "monster" to be afraid of to generate votes.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jul 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pff. In 1978 I was starting primary school.
So you're only 2-3 years ahead of me, I started kindergarten at 4. I think my mom wanted me out of the house, I was talking up a storm by 4, probably driving her nuts.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
13 Jul 23

@suzianne said
This is a characteristic of the far-right. Denigrate everyone that is not like you.

First women, then blacks, then gays, now transgender is the newest boogeyman.
Well, basically, you are full of crap. Your idea of "denigrate" changes with the victim, doesn't it??

You think that because I am not on bended knee, showering the trans with kissy-faces and glowing accolades
that you can say that I "denigrated" him. Susie, the idea of "special people" makes me puke. you understand?

You telling me that a person that openly brags about what they think of, sexually, deserves all my love and support...?

Chuck off, idjut.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
13 Jul 23

@suzianne said
Exactly. They can't be happy just treating other humans as... humans. They have to have a "bad" guy, a "monster" to be afraid of to generate votes.
Suszie, I never said they were bad, i just said I don't like the activists for being media whores. they have no talent,
nothing at all that is gratifying, err ahhh, they are like the Kardashians. Useless, but cute.

Where is your love for Bill Gates?? Got any? Truth be told, Bill Gates does more for humanity in one day
than all the transies do in a lifetime.

K
within reason

Moves
15 Jul 23
1 edit

@suzianne said
transgender is the newest boogeyman.
So what will happen to the new boogeymen, after people get tired of listening to these newly self appointed 'victims'? Do they end up in a boogeyman boneyard where boogeymen go to die?
The victims keep changing, but the villian is always the same. And when people get their fill of and grow tired of listening to the latest group of 'victims', all you need to do is trot out a new group of victims.

The line between how to think and what to think is looking a bit blurry here. Do you really not see the left wing methodology at work, or are you okay with it and believe the ends justify the means?

F

Moves
15 Jul 23
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
You think that because I am not on bended knee, showering the trans with kissy-faces and glowing accoladesthat you can say that I "denigrated" him.
I doubt anyone is worried about whether you go down on "bended knee, showering the trans with kissy-faces and glowing accolades". More to the point, do you support the hundreds of laws that have been passed across numerous conservative states in recent years that seek to discriminate against, harass and demonize trans people?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.