General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    46092
    22 Jul '14 06:23
    anotablesurgeonwasnotabletooperatebecausetherewasnotable

    add the spaces 😀
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    22 Jul '14 06:29
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    anotablesurgeonwasnotabletooperatebecausetherewasnotable

    add the spaces 😀
    a notable surgeon was not able to operate because there was no table
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    98675
    22 Jul '14 12:24
    Originally posted by lolof
    a notable surgeon was not able to operate because there was no table
    What about the surgeon who had a table but no utensils?
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    22 Jul '14 15:391 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Hint: Tom and Tim are students who had submitted essays in school. Tom's offering got a better grade.
    I googled help to understand this:


    Tom, while Tim had had "had", had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.



    Noone else seemed to want to try - are you angry with me...?
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    22 Jul '14 17:01
    Originally posted by lolof
    I googled help to understand this:


    Tom, while Tim had had "had", had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.



    Noone else seemed to want to try - are you angry with me...?
    I'm furious 🙂 but I'll get over it. Nothing wrong with using Google.. that's where I found the sentence.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    22 Jul '14 17:11
  7. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    22 Jul '14 17:25
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7M4thNT_EY
    "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't (My Baby)" - great! And good music too!
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    23 Jul '14 13:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    What criteria would you employ?
    I was just exercising Martin Heidegger's approach from his essay on Aristotle's law of identity A=A, transcribing his journey into ontology into more-less broadway-like crime story-like game of twins-and-identity (plus a man vanishes in disguise), like in the movie "Sleuth", for example.

    Oh it's so good to be surrounded by dictionaries again, even when I have a strange feeling that I actually invented some words...
  9. Wat?
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    76863
    23 Jul '14 17:49
    Originally posted by lolof
    I googled help to understand this:


    Tom, while Tim had had "had", had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.



    Noone else seemed to want to try - are you angry with me...?
    That's complete and utter rubbish.

    It should read: Tom, while Tim had had 'had', Tom's 'had had' had a better effect on the teacher.

    Anything else is nonsense.

    I didn't google, and don't need to. Offer me a sentence using 5 (five) logical and ordered adjectives of different mode, and let's screw that one apart too!

    -m.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    23 Jul '14 18:031 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    That's complete and utter rubbish.

    It should read: Tom, while Tim had had 'had', Tom's 'had had' had a better effect on the teacher.

    Anything else is nonsense.

    I didn't google, and don't need to. Offer me a sentence using 5 (five) logical and ordered adjectives of different mode, and let's screw that one apart too!

    -m.
    Should but doesn't. Is complete rubbish more inexcusable than utter rubbish?
  11. Wat?
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    76863
    23 Jul '14 18:113 edits
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Should but doesn't.
    The fly shouldn't've just flown into my lamplight, and yet it doesn't fly no longer. ?

    Edit: I wrote that, and didn't utter it. 😉 Edit 2: -m. Chan lerm. 🙂
Back to Top