General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    16 Aug '17 15:231 edit
    http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/04/19/united-shades-of-america-kamau-bell-ep-1-kkk-clip-2.cnn

    My question is this: I could not understand what he said after 'my personal belief'. Anyone else suss out what he said? It sounded indistinct to me so much so I don't know what his POV was for that specific whatever it is he said.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    17 Aug '17 12:59
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/04/19/united-shades-of-america-kamau-bell-ep-1-kkk-clip-2.cnn

    My question is this: I could not understand what he said after 'my personal belief'. Anyone else suss out what he said? It sounded indistinct to me so much so I don't know what his POV was for that specific whatever it is he said.
    Would someone watch it, I have a question, cannot figure out just what the KKK dude says.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    17 Aug '17 14:30
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Would someone watch it, I have a question, cannot figure out just what the KKK dude says.
    Although I have not watched it I suspect it had something to do with "Loving thy neighbour"... hang on ... he likely is American so it was probably more like "Loving thy neighbor".
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    17 Aug '17 16:15
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Although I have not watched it I suspect it had something to do with "Loving thy neighbour"... hang on ... he likely is American so it was probably more like "Loving thy neighbor".
    Am I just deaf or was that phrase hard to understand?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    17 Aug '17 18:31
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Am I just deaf or was that phrase hard to understand?
    Black people cannot maintain something, I can't make out.
  6. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    57586
    18 Aug '17 01:22
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/04/19/united-shades-of-america-kamau-bell-ep-1-kkk-clip-2.cnn

    My question is this: I could not understand what he said after 'my personal belief'. Anyone else suss out what he said? It sounded indistinct to me so much so I don't know what his POV was for that specific whatever it is he said.
    He said "Black people cannot maintain law and order on their own".
    There. Another thread killed. I'm doing well here....
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    18 Aug '17 02:541 edit
    Originally posted by @larkie
    He said "Black people cannot maintain law and order on their own".
    There. Another thread killed. I'm doing well here....
    Dang, finally. Thanks, I don't mind a thread being killed, that was what I was after. It just didn't click in my brain, the law and order part was clipped to la nnorrer or something.
    So what is it like living in Brunei? I have worked several places around the world, always like to hear other stories.
Back to Top