1. Wellington, NZ
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 03:24
    As much as I am pleased for Andy Murray and other successful sport stars, I am completely against these people being Knighted. These people don't have 9-5 jobs that are paid an average wage, they instead, train for a sport they enjoy participating in and tend to get paid very well whatever their success in that sport. So why knight somebody for doing what they train to do and get paid to do?????
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 04:21
    Originally posted by Grand Master Supreme
    As much as I am pleased for Andy Murray and other successful sport stars, I am completely against these people being Knighted. These people don't have 9-5 jobs that are paid an average wage, they instead, train for a sport they enjoy participating in and tend to get paid very well whatever their success in that sport. So why knight somebody for doing what they train to do and get paid to do?????
    Maybe I'm missing the point here, but didn't the original Knights train for combat and got paid for doing so and were knighted for doing what they trained for? 😛
  3. Wellington, NZ
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 05:04
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Maybe I'm missing the point here, but didn't the original Knights train for combat and got paid for doing so and were knighted for doing what they trained for? 😛
    training to go into combat or training to play an upper class game such as lawn tennis is a bit different methinks. Stop winding me up!
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 05:16
    training to go into combat or training to play an upper class game such as lawn tennis is a bit different methinks. Stop winding me up!
    We like winding you up so that you will respond and so
    we get another look at your pretty picture 😛
  5. Wellington, NZ
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 06:03
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Chawarae Teg! If it's winding up time then - a 52yr old standing at 5'6" - is that really a 'long' 'woody'?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 06:26
    Chawarae Teg! If it's winding up time then - a 52yr old standing at 5'6" - is that really a 'long' 'woody'?
    Johnny gets a woody at a 50 by 50 pixel, if it's even vaguely female.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 10:57
    So please lay down good criteria for knighthoods. (Being Born to a Knight is not one of thm in my opinion)
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 16:27
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    So please lay down good criteria for knighthoods. (Being Born to a Knight is not one of thm in my opinion)
    this was exactly the question running around inside the cavity where my brain is supposed to reside...
    now,
    i am a citizen in good standing...
    i possess a dual citizenship, natural born in the usa, and a native from the sovereign nation of texas...
    i have no outstanding warrants...

if i were to desire such a thing as knighthood, and did not have the means to purchase one, how would i go about obtaining such a wonderful item???

i am not above stealing one, if it is in good shape and not in present use...

i could write a silly lil four line rhyme, quite easily, if that would meet the requirements...

i can bring barbequed turkey legs to the party, along with some of my homemade rookiebread...

how about it???
    am i in???
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 18:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    Johnny gets a woody at a 50 by 50 pixel, if it's even vaguely female.
    I laughed even though technically, it's 2500 pixels. 😛
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 23:57
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/matt/?cartoon=10170332&cc=10153794
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 00:124 edits
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    According to Google Images, that photo could be of Aliya Jasmine Sovani who is not known for her chess.

I'm getting the impression that you are attracted to young slender women with long dark hair (that they keep long) who style themselves to attract, based on your post here and your reaction ("She's hot!" ) concerning a pic of a girl in a superhero costume, that I posted.

Fortunately, my daughter is a blonde. 🙂
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 00:34
    Stop winding me up!
    Sorry, I saw the key and couldn't resist. 😞
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 02:521 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    According to Google Images, that photo could be of Aliya Jasmine Sovani who is not known for her chess.

I'm getting the impression that you are attracted to young slender women with long dark hair (that they keep long) who style themselves to attract, based on your post here and your reaction ("She's hot!" ) concerning a pic of a girl in a superhero costume, that I posted.

Fortunately, my daughter is a blonde. 🙂
    My sources say it's Emmanuelle Chriqui.

http://my.opera.com/celebfan/albums/showpic.dml?album=824945&picture=11241716

Edit: here's another one for Johnny (and pretty much any straight guy out there, really).

http://imagebox.cz.osobnosti.cz/tapety/emmanuelle-chriqui/O30102-1440x900.jpg

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree