1. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 05:491 edit
    Hakima

She solved the word...Epiphenomenalisms...
    Provided by FMF

With...

"Each person incurs potentially hallucinogenic experiences necessitating occasional mental evaluations; nuanced along linear ideas, simulating metaphorical superstitions."

When I saw this it blew my mind.
    Smart and pretty...
    The rest of you should take notes.

Edit...Her chess could use some improvement...just saying.
  2. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 07:10
    Thumbs down?

Must be the chicks hating on Hakima?

Hater gonna hate...sad.
  3. Joined
    19 Jul '19
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 07:30
    @Anderssen

Brilliant
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 07:31
    @anderssen said
    Thumbs down?

Must be the chicks hating on Hakima?

Hater gonna hate...sad.
    I believe sir it was your edit that drew the thumbs down.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 08:18
    @anderssen said
    Hakima

Provided by FMF

With...

"Each person incurs potentially hallucinogenic experiences necessitating occasional mental evaluations; nuanced along linear ideas, simulating metaphorical superstitions."

Smart and pretty...

The thumbs down will be for your patronizing sneering.
  6. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 11:26
    @fmf said
    The thumbs down will be for your patronizing sneering.
    I was paying her a compliment.
    (Minus the chess comment)

I was not patronizing nor sneering.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 11:34
    @anderssen said
    I was paying her a compliment.
    (Minus the chess comment)

I was not patronizing nor sneering.
    So why the need for the edit?
  8. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 11:38
    After the compliment I looked at her rating.

Their really is no excuse for it.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 12:26
    @anderssen said
    Hakima

Provided by FMF

With...

Smart and pretty...

That's like saying, "You look really good in that dress but why's your bank account overdrawn?" 🤔
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 12:451 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    That's like saying, "You look really good in that dress but why's your bank account overdrawn?" 🤔
    Or...like saying:

"Well, she's got a pretty face."

Edit: Lady Hakima presents a fine character in these forums. We should consider that interest in chess varies and is secondary or nil to some. Personally, I think one's rating is a mere indicator of this interest. Judge not.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 12:52
    @wolfe63 said
    Or...like saying:

"Well, she's got a pretty face."

Edit: Lady Hakima presents a fine character in these forums. We should consider that interest in chess varies and is secondary or nil to some. Personally, I think one's rating is a mere indicator of this interest. Judge not.
    Watch out. I thought I just heard, "Here come the judge, here come the judge".
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 12:54
    @great-big-stees said
    Watch out. I thought I just heard, "Here come the judge, here come the judge".
    😀
  13. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 14:42
    First of all, Mr.Anderssen, receiving the compliment in the spirit that I perceive it to be given, I thank you. I do admit that I was taken aback when I saw this thread and realized that I am specifically the subject; first by embarrassment and then by curiousity. Both are mental processes within my individual being, so I own and am responsible for them.

For whatever reason, I put an actual image of myself out there instead of a representative avatar. In so doing, my appearance is sometimes mentioned--sometimes positively and sometimes with negative scrutiny. As with all communication, my only control is my own response, so I don't get to determine if or how or when anyone says anything about how they perceive me....

I AM curious about the correlation with beauty and intelligence, and general assumptions that they might be only mutually exclusive.

As for chess, hmmmm....it's true, that while I'm not a great (or even a relatively good player) my rating also does not likely reflect my true ability. When I first started playing here, I wanted to play chess and I had little understanding of the algorithms of the rating scale. I started out by playing fairly highly rated players who beat me every time, hence, my rating plummeted very quickly. Also, I was playing a lot of games because I had the time for chess back then. Now, I can rarely take time for serious chess here, so I only play occasionally. Perhaps interestingly, I do use chess as a means of play therapy with some of my young clients who struggle to engage with me. I find that chess has a language of its own and is a great way to "break the ice" so to speak.

As for the word game...outside of my regular job as a social worker, I'm a writer and actively working on a book. The play and craft of words are within my experience and my comfort level, so the challenge of the game in question came fairly easily.

I think intelligence is multifaceted and each person has natural abilities in some areas and potentialities that can be realized--sometimes, as with me and chess--with practice, patience, and persistence even while failing.

To all here, whatever your game, I sincerely hope you find joy in the process.

Now, let's play!
  14. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 16:25
    😉
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Oct '19 16:27
    @hakima said
    First of all, Mr.Anderssen, receiving the compliment in the spirit that I perceive it to be given, I thank you. I do admit that I was taken aback when I saw this thread and realized that I am specifically the subject; first by embarrassment and then by curiousity. Both are mental processes within my individual being, so I own and am responsible for them.

For whatever reaso ...[text shortened]...
    To all here, whatever your game, I sincerely hope you find joy in the process.

Now, let's play!
    And so it goes ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree