🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    30 May '20 05:22
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    30 May '20 12:15
    @Hells-Caretaker
    Shows that even Clarkson has a concept that some things can be both powerful and completely pointless at the same time. At one point along the way I succumbed to the urge to buy a year old C class Mercedes with the gun sight on the front. Basically because the kid inside me realised I now could and wouldn't accept no. It looked at me and said buy me. Despite good intentions you inevitably end up at 140 MPH and then selling it on before you get up to anything worse. So what happens when people buy more powerful than that I have no idea??? It's pointless, although I do remember going from Calais to the football ground in St Etienne for England v Argentina in the '98 World Cup and feeling that France had shrunk. (Behind the goal for the Owen goal - but that's a different story).
  3. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    30 May '20 12:22
    @petewxyz

I saw that goal live... Owen just held his arms out & ran away to embrace the noise of the crowd - magiaical. Pity we burned him out. Great player for the Reds🚬
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    30 May '20 12:272 edits
    @hells-caretaker said
    @petewxyz

I saw that goal live... Owen just held his arms out & ran away to embrace the noise of the crowd - magiaical. Pity we burned him out. Great player for the Reds🚬
    Ended badly through his muscles going. Also going to Madrid (which was sweet since he then watched us win in Istanbul!)

To be honest Gerrard could make any fast player with a finish look like quality by dropping the perfect ball to run through behind. Made Torres better than he was!

Owens goals in 2001 Cup Final do make him a legend though.
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    30 May '20 13:25
    @petewxyz

Agree on all, Stevie is in the hall of fame. I fell out of love with Owen when he missed a pen against Pompey, turned & laughed - that was it, go to Madrid with your gee gees.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Jun '20 09:23
    @petewxyz said
    @Hells-Caretaker
    Shows that even Clarkson has a concept that some things can be both powerful and completely pointless at the same time. At one point along the way I succumbed to the urge to buy a year old C class Mercedes with the gun sight on the front. Basically because the kid inside me realised I now could and wouldn't accept no. It looked at me and said buy me. Despit ...[text shortened]... feeling that France had shrunk. (Behind the goal for the Owen goal - but that's a different story).
    Well that is capitalism in action: seel something that people want. the point being that they want it. If people would buy only reasonable cars, there wouldn't be acrs going faster than about 130 km/h...
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    21 Jun '20 15:18
    @ponderable said
    Well that is capitalism in action: seel something that people want. the point being that they want it. If people would buy only reasonable cars, there wouldn't be acrs going faster than about 130 km/h...
    Then there is the Autobahn, Pondy where they do 130 M/h. not Km. lol.
    Gotta love it.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Jun '20 15:42
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Then there is the Autobahn, Pondy where they do 130 M/h. not Km. lol.
    Gotta love it.
    "They" do, reasonable people don't. And mostly it is so congested that you can't race. (I have driven over 200 km/h legally and it doesn't give me a kick so I ceased to do such things when I grew a bit older )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree