1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 May '20 18:44
    With people posted all round the globe it's time to act. Where are all the socks?

If they are worn out I get rid of the pair but still there are three odd ones in my drawer. Should I now multiply that by the population of the world? I'd like to know. There might be millions out there.

Please confirm how many have left your home?

I once saw one on a beach. If this means they head for the ocean this may be a lost cause. Please confirm the locations of any sightings. There out there somewhere.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '20 18:55
    @petewxyz said
    With people posted all round the globe it's time to act. Where are all the socks?

If they are worn out I get rid of the pair but still there are three odd ones in my drawer. Should I now multiply that by the population of the world? I'd like to know. There might be millions out there.

I once saw one on a beach. If this me ...[text shortened]... this may be a lost cause. Please confirm the locations of any sightings. There out there somewhere.
    It's yet to be scientifically proven, but sometimes (during a fast spin cycle in the washing machine) a sock can suddenly gain enlightenment and is immediately transported to Nirvana.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 May '20 18:591 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's yet to be scientifically proven, but sometimes (during a fast spin cycle in the washing machine) a sock can suddenly gain enlightenment and is immediately transported to Nirvana.
    I have to say I'm not surprised. The spin cycle is pretty alarming. How many down in your house?

Edit: This is not recommended as a shortcut for Buddhists. Don't try this at home.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '20 19:02
    @petewxyz said

I once saw one on a beach. If this me ...[text shortened]... this may be a lost cause. Please confirm the locations of any sightings. There out there somewhere.
    You have a draw full of socks.
    The draw contains 9 red socks, 9 white socks and 9 blue socks.
    You need a matching pair but it’s pitch dark.
    How many times do you need to pull out a sock to ensure you have a matching pair?
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '20 19:07
    @petewxyz said
    I have to say I'm not surprised. The spin cycle is pretty alarming. How many down in your house?

Edit: This is not recommended as a shortcut for Buddhists. Don't try this at home.
    I only wear a pair of socks once. (They are then donated to vegetarians).
  6. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 May '20 19:071 edit
    @divegeester said
    How many times do you need to pull out a sock to ensure you have a matching pair?
    More importantly how come you can describe what's in my sock drawer. Are you in on the disappearances? If you can't declare it publicly send a PM

Edit: Do you work for the government?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 May '20 21:37
    @petewxyz said
    Where are all the socks?
    Throw all your odd socks away, their missing partners will turn up within a week.

Or look inside your duvet covers, they hang-out there.

Sports socks are often requisitioned by little girls as sleeping bags for Barbies.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 May '20 22:11
    I have a big polythene bag-full shoved under my bed. They are mainly mens sports socks; ladies socks never wander you know. At desperate times I grab two who look somewhat alike. They seem to stick together for life after that and never stray.
  9. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    10 May '20 22:20
    The real mystery is my big toe always trying to escape the sock 🤔
  10. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 May '20 22:32
    @the-pickled-walrus said
    The real mystery is my big toe always trying to escape the sock 🤔
    For a long time I thought my middle toe was the culprit. Then I realised I just had the sock on the wrong foot.
  11. Standard memberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '20 04:45
    @divegeester said
    Reveal Hidden Content
    Four
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 May '20 04:591 edit
    @divegeester said
    Reveal Hidden Content
    Saw that Suzianne beat me to it...any way: With the fourth draw you can be sure to have a matching pair.

As people probably know Zaphod Beeblebrox became mighty rich by discovering the planet where the lone socks go (and the erasers by the way) He made his fortune by selling those seocnd hand...
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 May '20 05:33
    @divegeester said
    Once.
    You have to do it to 4 socks though.

Pulling out a sock 4 times will get you nowhere.
  14. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    11 May '20 05:37
    I just turn the light on and grab the damn socks.

- TP Dubya
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '20 05:50
    @wolfgang59 said
    Once.
    You have to do it to 4 socks though.

Pulling out a sock 4 times will get you nowhere.
    A bet you're fun in lockdown 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree