1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 10:21
    @kegge said
    Shops in second hand items had a field day during the lockdown. Many people cleaned up their attic, garage and storage room. Stuff that was hidden from view for decades resurfaced and ended up in the second hand stores for a second chance at life. Not all stuff was so lucky because lots of it ended up at recycling centres to be reused and made into different stuff. I went twice ...[text shortened]... re waiting lines of over an hour and during those hours I contemplated my own second chance at life.
    Great stuff!
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 10:36
    Sleep has been evading me for several nights now. I'll slip off the radar for a while, but don't worry, I haven't be banned.

🙂
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 10:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Sleep has been evading me for several nights now. I'll slip off the radar for a while, but don't worry, I haven't be banned.

🙂
    Oh man! Please be well my good man.
    Calcium and melatonin in small doses may help.

Please know that you'll be missed if not here. 🙂
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 13:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

🙂
    Is that proper English "I haven't be banned.?" 😉

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 13:55
    @wolfe63 said
    Oh man! Please be well my good man.
    Calcium and melatonin in small doses may help.

Please know that you'll be missed if not here. 🙂
    I a little bit I suppose by some! 😉

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 00:55
    A bride’s head revisited.

At the bottom of the surprisingly robust and still clompy staircase was a damp smelling low-ceilinged space 12 foot square with a decrepit but familiar red-bricked servant’s oven and a couple of wooden shelves. The lath and plaster ceiling bowed precariously. A large toad still lived its lives in the damp of the far corner. My breathing shortened as I stood at the oven and an Edwardian smell of baked bread and cakes reached me from somewhere...I pointed to the wall to the left; “I hid the body there” I blurted at the patient but incredulous detective, “115 years ago”.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 03:50
    @divegeester said
    Gill tightly clenched his toes and his fists as these seemed to him to be appropriately affirming additions to the foetal position his body had involuntarily assumed in deep dank darkness. He lay there permitting but not encouraging the chills to dance on his lower spine; their prosaic prickly pirouetting an unpleasant but welcome distraction from the withering winding wi ...[text shortened]... g sweat stench...”lockdown’s a bitch when you’re coming down, ain’ it?” his fellow prisoner sneered.
    "Nevermind that", he croaked. "Is there anything NEW on Netflix?"
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 11:17
    @petewxyz said
    You may be at the epicentre of the goat thing. No sign of any goat activity by us as yet but I am now on the alert. Guards will be posted on the A55. Keep us informed.
    I remember a conversation in a pub away back - The only good thing to come out of North Wales is the A55🤷‍♂️🚬
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 11:19
    @hells-caretaker said
    I remember a conversation in a pub away back - The only good thing to come out of North Wales is the A55🤷‍♂️🚬
    Bloody Northerner ... it's the M4. 😉
  10. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 11:20
    @hells-caretaker said
    Ha!
  11. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 11:21
    @Suzianne
    Go retro Suzi - 4OD (Channel 4 u.k.) Four on demand, Hill Street Blues. Trust me, keep watching it.
  12. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 11:25
    @wolfgang59 said
    Bloody Northerner ... it's the M4. 😉
    Ah yes.... I've heard of this M4, the connection between individuals that own 'second homes'🤔 and those that need to queue at a food bank [geddit]🤣👍🚬
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 21:06
    @hells-caretaker said
    @Suzianne
    Go retro Suzi - 4OD (Channel 4 u.k.) Four on demand, Hill Street Blues. Trust me, keep watching it.
    I'm guessing I can find this on the internet?

Let me check to see if it's available on Roku.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 21:16
    @neilarini said
    Ha!
    It appears you English are always arguing among yourselves! What would I know as a Canadian Eh! 😉

-VR
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 21:48
    @hells-caretaker said
    Ah yes.... I've heard of this M4, the connection between individuals that own 'second homes'🤔 and those that need to queue at a food bank [geddit]🤣👍🚬
    That's the A1(M) you are thinking of!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree