General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Joined
    19 Jul '13
    Moves
    196792
    24 Aug '15 21:31
    🙄
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    25 Aug '15 05:191 edit
    Another one of my threads deleted? O.k., bracing myself for the next ban then, anytime soon.

    It is very suspicious that, since the Boston Lard, with his suspicious
    obsession for 'protecting' 13 year olds, launched his crusade, some users
    popped up out of nowhere, e.g. Landisqueek, Cheney69, Red Nigh, etc.

    Meh, I love playing chess and this site is awesome for that; sadly I also
    like a laugh every now and then and find like minded people in the GF. If
    someone doesn't like my humor then, well, let them enjoy the lame,
    flavorless, passive aggressive, empty spamming of the PC army.
  3. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Joined
    19 Jul '13
    Moves
    196792
    25 Aug '15 05:57
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Another one of my threads deleted? O.k., bracing myself for the next ban then, anytime soon.

    It is very suspicious that, since the Boston Lard, with his suspicious
    obsession for 'protecting' 13 year olds, launched his crusade, some users
    popped up out of nowhere, e.g. Landisqueek, Cheney69, Red Nigh, etc.

    Meh, I love playing chess and this site is a ...[text shortened]... well, let them enjoy the lame,
    flavorless, passive aggressive, empty spamming of the PC army.
    totally agree
    I've had my fights with these pinheads since I joined this site
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    25 Aug '15 09:55
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    totally agree
    I've had my fights with these pinheads since I joined this site
    its PC infested
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526002
    25 Aug '15 11:48
    Originally posted by redbadger
    its PC infested
    There is a distinct difference between "PC" which is seen as the inability to speak critically about certain topics and politeness, which makes life so much more pleasant.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    25 Aug '15 12:38
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    There is a distinct difference between "PC" which is seen as the inability to speak critically about certain topics and politeness, which makes life so much more pleasant.
    Outrageous humor is a way to address sensitive topics critically.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526002
    25 Aug '15 13:02
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Outrageous humor is a way to address sensitive topics critically.
    There is also a distinction between "humourous" and "embarassing".
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    25 Aug '15 13:20
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    There is also a distinction between "humourous" and "embarassing".
    That distinction is in the mind of each viewer. Or has the Academy of
    Science issued a criteria?

    All in all, when it's about artistic expression, it is better to err on the side
    of excess rather than prudence.

    It keeps the world moving to push boundaries.
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    25 Aug '15 14:36
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    There is a distinct difference between "PC" which is seen as the inability to speak critically about certain topics and politeness, which makes life so much more pleasant.
    I like to call a spade a spade.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526002
    25 Aug '15 15:15
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I like to call a spade a spade.
    Indeed, that implies clarity. But one can call a spade a spade without insulting people.

    The first is on the level of factual information, the second is adding a negative valuation and tends to demean.

    Every time you insult someone you reveal your character and your value system.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    25 Aug '15 15:23
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    factual information
    Dude, the general forum is neither National Geographic nor
    Popular Mechanics.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526002
    25 Aug '15 15:25
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Dude, the general forum is neither National Geographic nor
    Popular Mechanics.
    Thank you for this valuable information!

    [I see you double as captain Obvious, you do this well indeed 🙂 ]
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    25 Aug '15 15:29
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Thank you for this valuable information!

    [I see you double as captain Obvious, you do this well indeed 🙂 ]
    I triple, my man, I triple: Captain Obvious and Commander Oblivious.

    Whammy!
  14. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    25 Aug '15 15:32
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I triple, my man, I triple: Captain Obvious and Commander Oblivious.

    Whammy!
    keeper of oblivion
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    25 Aug '15 15:35
    Originally posted by redbadger
    keeper of oblivion
    The Ayatollah of Obliteration!
Back to Top