1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 17:06
    I love playing on this chess site, apart from the odd players who feel the need to abuse you by pm and call you a cheater just because you have not lost yet. Feel free to challenge me anyone.
  2. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 18:29
    Originally posted by MortalWarrior42
    I love playing on this chess site, apart from the odd players who feel the need to abuse you by pm and call you a cheater just because you have not lost yet. Feel free to challenge me anyone.
    People who use engines are so strange.😉
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 19:00
    people that make accusations are only making them because they are small minded and use engines themselves. I don't use them, I use my brain.
  4. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 19:09
    people that make accusations are only making them because they are small minded and use engines themselves. I don't use them, I use my brain.
    Read your bible chief.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 19:10
    Finish our game, unless you don't wanna lose.
  6. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 19:55
    Finish our game, unless you don't wanna lose.
    lol who won the last game we played?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 20:31
    No one. I never played you before.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 20:44
    Why would you not play an unrated game against a player with a much lower rating. I thought you enjoy "The Game". Oh wait, it's your rating you enjoy not the game itself. Perhaps worried that a loss will sully your impressive X wins, No losses?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 20:54
    No i come on this site to play chess. I dont come to play wimpy unrated games. Whats the point. Are you scared to play a rated game vs me.
  10. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 22:39
    Reverting to typo.Tick tock 😴
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 00:04
    Internet chess carries with it a number of unknowns:
    - you don't know the person you're playing
    - you don't know if he's using an engine
    - you don't know if he's an expert or a novice, unless you yourself are sufficiently experienced to judge a playing style.

Many of us have developed "gut feel" methods to assess new arrivals to the site. Anyone who wins every game they play is automatically suspect, as is anyone who posts in the forums immediately they arrive (because it's assumed that they're returning from a ban, and therefore may have been banned for engine use).

It's a bit like the "drown the witch" test. If a new arrival is a confident forum poster, and yet doesn't respond appropriately to sceptical posts from other users, they're likely to assume he's guilty.

I'm sure we have driven innocent but naive new arrivals off the site this way, but I don't see how we can do anything else, so many of them have turned out to be engine users and doppelgangers in the past.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 00:43
    No i come on this site to play chess. I dont come to play wimpy unrated games. Whats the point. Are you scared to play a rated game vs me.
    What is the difference between a rated and
    unrated game if you just "enjoy the game" ???

And I don't think playing chess scares anyone! Do you?
  13. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 01:12
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What is the difference between a rated and
    unrated game if you just "enjoy the game" ???

And I don't think playing chess scares anyone! Do you?
    Maybe if they were not very good at chess they might be afraid of playing.I wonder how much the ability to play chess corresponds to the ability to put a logical sentence together.This would explain why a frustrated person with a couple of chips on their shoulder would use a engine to try and annoy people.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 04:38
    I offered an unrated game so "if" I beat you you'd not lose a chunk of rating points.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree