General Forum

General Forum

1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 00:42
    On occasions when you let yourself down in your actions ~ by your own standards and ideals ~ what is most likely to have been the root cause ~ loyalty, fear or greed? Or are there other reasons for deviating from what you think is right?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 02:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    On occasions when you let yourself down in your actions ~ by your own standards and ideals ~ what is most likely to have been the root cause ~ loyalty, fear or greed? Or are there other reasons for deviating from what you think is right?
    Do you only get giggles from making posts like this, or do you get, like, I dunno, wet dreams or something, anticipating all the self-incriminating replies you'll get?
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 02:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you only get giggles from making posts like this, or do you get, like, I dunno, wet dreams or something, anticipating all the self-incriminating replies you'll get?
    This reply of yours strikes me as being a tiny bit "self-incriminating" actually. You're following me around the forum condemning my threads and posts [which is fine by me] although it does make you seem rather het up than you might want. What leads you to do this? Loyalty perhaps? Anger? Mischief? 🙂
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 02:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'd have to say none of these. It's usually frustration, after a period of trying to do the right thing and being obstructed at every turn.
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 02:56
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'd have to say none of these. It's usually frustration, after a period of trying to do the right thing and being obstructed at every turn.
    So, so far, we have loyalty, fear, greed, anger, mischief, frustration.
  6. Dumnonia
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 06:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    For me I'd say it was frustration.

I think anger is a good call, but loyalty should probably read misplaced loyalty.
  7. Standard memberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 07:481 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 07:56
    Why the aggression towards FMF? This is a run of the mill thread.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 15:38
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Why the aggression towards FMF? This is a run of the mill thread.
    More importantly, why do 'run of the mill' threads never produce adequate flour?

😞
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 16:17
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    More importantly, why do 'run of the mill' threads never produce adequate flour?

😞
    😞
  11. Joined
    12 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 16:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    For me it's loyalty, with a smattering of pride.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 22:30
    So, we have got loyalty, fear, greed, anger, mischief, frustration, pride.

I'd add ambition ~ although it may just be a blend of loyalty, greed and pride/ego.
  13. Standard memberGambrel
    BoomShaLakLakBoom
    Belfast-Kansas City
    Moves
    19 Feb '16 06:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would think laziness could also be a foible.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    19 Feb '16 07:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    There have been a few work situations where I should have turned whistle-blower;
    blatant sex-discrimination
    corruption
    cheating
    I didn't because .... fear I guess, fear of not being believed.

Can't say I've ever let myself down through greed and although I consider
    myself loyal I would not put that before my morals. (ie I would not protect
    a friend or family member who was in the wrong)
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    19 Feb '16 07:31
    WTF ? 🙄