1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 09:11
    I was wondering if there were others around here. Anyone can learn how to lucid dream. It does take some effort, though. What prompted this thread is this phenomenon where you might have a dream that comes wrapped up in a full back-story that did not exist at all until, well, you had the dream. I think I'm sleep-typing.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 09:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 09:45
    The lucidity, it's not all or nothing. You have pets, right? They fall into dream-state so easily.

Our dreams are hidden from us.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 10:00

5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Jan '13 22:02
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That's the key, emmersion. Talk, read, write about it. We spend a third of our lives there! A wealth of feeling, and we're supposed to act like it never happened.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    04 Jan '13 00:35

7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Jan '13 02:59
    LaBerge is one of my heroes. He helped found the Stanford sleep research lab, and proved I wasn't fing nuts.

Sometimes, when I don't like a dream I'm having, I snap awake. My body is still paralyzed. I don't think that is supposed to happen. Maybe this is a new skill.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 20:121 edit
    Subconscious mind's incredibly mysterious and powerful. Always been my impression that its first job each night is to collect and remove the garbage and trash (to prevent the dumpster contents from being recirculated). Then, I think the Night Shift begins examining and sorting any and all random input from the day. Since the subconscious has unlimited access to short and long term memory storage capacity (and since it has no sense of or orientation to time) it's in a unique position to come up with answers to bothersome questions; and solutions to minor challenges; and resolution of major conflict situations. Interesting to speculate that the night shift staff may, also, amuse itself during lunch break with creative writing which becomes movies. And move over, Silverstriker, the stuff which becomes the entries you announce as RHP Prose Contest Winners.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree