Mad Men

SubscriberFMF
General 06 Feb '16 09:44
  1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 09:442 edits
    Earlier, I watched what I thought was the last episode of Mad Men series 7 ~ episode 13 ~ no more series being made, the end, the finale ~ and I thought it was just one of the most brilliant endings to a long running series. Super stuff. Thought provoking. And it rose organically from a nagging question that had been ever present throughout the seven seasons of the show.

It made such an impression on me that I did something I rarely do: I went off and Googled it see what chatter among the critics there had been about such a fantastically enigmatic and yet totally appropriate ending.

I immediately realized that there was - in fact - an episode 14. Whoops.

I downloaded episode 14 and watched it. And, er... I thought it also had one of the most brilliant endings to a long running series I'd ever seen, but it was completely different from the ending of episode 13 which, obviously, wasn't the actual ending after all.

This 'second' ending ~ the real one ~ was utterly different. Perhaps, even - one could say - the opposite of the ending that I'd thought had been the ending.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this but not in connection with the ending of a TV series?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 10:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Earlier, I watched what I thought was the last episode of Mad Men series 7 ~ episode 13 ~ no more series being made, the end, the finale ~ and I thought it was just one of the most brilliant endings to a long running series. Super stuff. Thought provoking. And it rose organically from a nagging question that had been ever present throughout the seven seasons of ...[text shortened]... anyone else had any experiences like this but not in connection with the ending of a TV series?
    I thought Christina Hendricks was much better looking before the boob job. Seriously.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:401 edit
    Mad Men is a great series, I hope to see the rest of it beyond Series 1 soon. At the moment I'm trying to squeeze in at least the second series of Parks & Recreation before it's taken off Amazon Prime. It's the best American comedy I can think of since Frasier. (Edit: The Big Bang Theory is also very good).
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 02:34
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Mad Men is a great series, I hope to see the rest of it beyond Series 1 soon. At the moment I'm trying to squeeze in at least the second series of Parks & Recreation before it's taken off Amazon Prime. It's the best American comedy I can think of since Frasier. (Edit: The Big Bang Theory is also very good).
    I am now part way into House Of Cards series 3. On the comedy front I like The Grinder and I have discovered It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia which is a bit subversive and kind of interesting. I also have been watching a bit of Elementary (series 3), Endeavour (also series 3), Better Call Saul (a kind of sequel to Breaking Bad), Fargo series 2 I've just finished, and I've got bogged down in Fortitude although I don't know why because it's good. Oh yes, and a TV series about the 'wild west' era on the Yorkshire moors in the C19th!!... Jericho. Good stuff.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 02:411 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am now part way into House Of Cards series 3. On the comedy front I like The Grinder and I have discovered It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia which is a bit subversive and kind of interesting. I also have been watching a bit of Elementary (series 3), Endeavour (also series 3), Better Call Saul (a kind of sequel to Breaking Bad), Fargo series 2 I've just finishe ...[text shortened]... V series about the 'wild west' era on the Yorkshire moors in the C19th!!... Jericho. Good stuff.
    Box set addict, by any chance? 😉 Binge-watching's not good for you, you know...

I love House of Cards 🙂
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 02:46
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Box set addict, by any chance? 😉 Binge-watching's not good for you, you know...

I love House of Cards 🙂
    I'm a downloader. 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree