https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52916137
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 10:21
    @hells-caretaker said
    Anyone else seen this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52916137
    Maybe I am negative and I hope it yields something, but more likely the perpetrator knows that they know it is him, but gets off on the power he now holds over their misery by giving nothing away. Unless of course they have enough to convict anyway and they are just trying to get even more to make it watertight before their next move, but that might be unlikely?
  3. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 10:28
    @petewxyz

The latter, hes in the Finger Nail Factory now🚬
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 10:33
    This tragedy is unbearable as all cases where children are victims. The lowest form of criminality, the lowest form of humans.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 15:07
    @torunn said
    This tragedy is unbearable as all cases where children are victims. The lowest form of criminality, the lowest form of humans.
    Couldn't agree more, Torunn.
    And unfortunately, the US has a child sex slave trade industry going on now. And a lot of it is preventable. What a shame, so few people actually care.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 15:52
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Couldn't agree more, Torunn.
    And unfortunately, the US has a child sex slave trade industry going on now. And a lot of it is preventable. What a shame, so few people actually care.
    Yes, W5 a television investigative show talk about it, terrible that no one does something about it.

-VR
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 17:23
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, W5 a television investigative show talk about it, terrible that no one does something about it.

-VR
    It's wrong in everyway. This is the next generation of the human race so how do people not invest more in protecting children? How do sex offenders seem to get back on the streets so quickly? Public enquiries always find failings that could have been done better so it isn't just a case of being hard to do.
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Jun '20 09:14
    @petewxyz said
    It's wrong in everyway. This is the next generation of the human race so how do people not invest more in protecting children? How do sex offenders seem to get back on the streets so quickly? Public enquiries always find failings that could have been done better so it isn't just a case of being hard to do.
    Children don't seem to matter as much as we might think. It's horrible.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '20 09:45
    @petewxyz said
    How do sex offenders seem to get back on the streets so quickly?
    According to some here they don’t, we have to trust the “experts” and “professionals” in the parole boards.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '20 10:51
    @divegeester said
    According to some here they don’t, we have to trust the “experts” and “professionals” in the parole boards.
    where my son teaches in northampton (12-24 year olds) many sex offenders he reckons they never get out.
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Jun '20 11:50
    @badradger said
    where my son teaches in northampton (12-24 year olds) many sex offenders he reckons they never get out.
    Forensic Sections under The Mental Health Act are very different to court sentences even though they can be the outcome of a court case secondary to psychiatric reports. For example if Section 41 is added to a Forensic Section you can only be released at the discretion of the Home Secretary and that may even be never, so a politician ultimately making the decision although they would hopefully always act on professional advice.

The world of prison sentences, however, is very different to mental health secure units like the one where your son is teaching, with the system @Divegeester is referring to sometimes seeming rather arbitrary from case to case imo.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '20 13:08
    @petewxyz yeah i know that where he works as they reach 24 most are moved to secure units (prison) most are on sedatives etc , one kicked off a couple of weeks back, when the alarm is set off its all hands to the fore, my son got a severe kicking, it toook 7 men to restrain this guy then the doctor turned up to sedate him , the guy asked what was in the syringe the doc told him ,the guy just laughed saying it would have no effect on him and it didnt.
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Jun '20 14:35
    @badradger said
    @petewxyz yeah i know that where he works as they reach 24 most are moved to secure units (prison) most are on sedatives etc , one kicked off a couple of weeks back, when the alarm is set off its all hands to the fore, my son got a severe kicking, it toook 7 men to restrain this guy then the doctor turned up to sedate him , the guy asked what was in the syringe the doc told him ,the guy just laughed saying it would have no effect on him and it didnt.
    Difficult jobs to do. One of my brothers-in-law nursed in Broadmoor which sounded eye opening. One of the hidden effects of limited resources is that by the time you get the place you have been carefully selected for being incredibly difficult to manage so more demanding than the mix of secure patients appeared 30 years ago based on who got accepted for where. I hope they have good staff support.
  14. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    09 Jun '20 14:40
    Looks ominous now (if our beloved media are to be belived), more undesirables involved it would seem🚬

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree