1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 08:321 edit
    And now there are rumours Queen Elizabeth did it, too.

I remember that Sunday May the 4th. I spent the morning at chess club and returned home. I was listening radio which at the time was transmitting simoultane comments on regular Yugoslav football (soccer, yep!) league. It was funny all day show filled with music, live comments from several stadiums, with jokes etc.

Then, the commenting of football stops. Commotion in the studio as far I could heard. It looked like the host coughed and cried and the same time. Then classical music began.

Then I looked at the TV. Just a logo of national TV on "all" 2 channels.

So we all knew...

To-day something similar is happening in UK.

quote:::

The death of a monarch is something the UK hasn't had to deal with in more than six decades.

Just what will happen when 90-year-old Queen Elizabeth II dies has now been revealed.

According to UK paper The Guardian, the first anyone outside of her immediate circle will hear is a codeword: 'London Bridge is down.'

"Her eyes will be closed and Charles will be king. His siblings will kiss his hands."

Sir Christopher Geidt, the Queen's private secretary who has been knighted twice, is the man tasked with telling the wider world.

According to The Guardian, the first thing he'll do is call the UK Prime Minister - currently Theresa May - and pass on the codeword. If she's asleep, she'll be woken.

Telling the other 15 countries where Elizabeth is head of state will be up to the UK government's Foreign Office.

The press will find out soon after, and the BBC won't get special treatment - no British media will, with the broadcast going out to everyone at the same time.

As that happens, a notice will be pinned to the gates of Buckingham Palace announcing the Queens' passing, and the palace website will transform into a single page bearing the same text.

Radio stations across the UK have 'obit lights' to warn DJs news of a "national catastrophe" is about to break. They're urged to play "inoffensive" music while they wait for the news to arrive.

Male TV newsreaders will don black suits and ties, interrupting whatever else is going to air at the time.

"The royal standard will appear on the screen. The national anthem will play," reports The Guardian. "You will remember where you were."
    end of quote
  2. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 May '17 09:09
    She's not dead yet. She's only 91!
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '17 10:17
    Originally posted by neilarini
    We're all either dead or dying.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 May '17 10:28
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So you say, but where is the evidence?
    Have you conducted any of your own experiments to verify this?

Are you dead?
    If not - how do you know you are dying?

All the "Death" propaganda is spread by big business and government.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '17 10:40
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Irony is sir you will eventually die and be worm food. A plucky bird will then carry said worm into the stratosphere disproving your mortal theory of a flat Earth.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:09
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Irony is sir you will eventually die and be worm food. A plucky bird will then carry said worm into the stratosphere disproving your mortal theory of a flat Earth.
    As high as you might be right now, said bird is only able to fly a maximum of 37,000'.
    At that distance--- and higher--- it is flat as far as the eye can see.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:13
    Originally posted by neilarini
    ...but her husband will retire in autumn:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/04/buckingham-palace-summons-entire-royal-household-emergency-meeting/
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:53
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...but her husband will retire in autumn:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/04/buckingham-palace-summons-entire-royal-household-emergency-meeting/
    They´re optimistic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree