1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 16:00
    Does anyone know how to remove this garbage from my computer?

Tried to go through programs and delete it but it wasn't possible and I asked AVG to shred but again wasn't possible.

There has to be a way?
  2. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 16:04
    Originally posted by Trev33

Tried to go through programs and delete it but it wasn't possible and I asked AVG to shred but again wasn't possible.

There has to be a way?
    reset you"re laptop to an earlier date, before you installed Mcafee. or reset to factory settings, cleans out all junk makes you"re computer run much faster,
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 16:06
    I didn't install it, it was on my computer when I got it and never bothered to remove it before ๐Ÿ˜ž
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 16:09

There has to be a way?
    one takes it that you are using windows? Do you know any dos commands? if so you can easily go to the root directory, probably c:/ find the directory that its in, delete the contents and then delete the directory. If you don't know any dos commands then maybe try downloading c cleaner and running the uninstaller function.
  5. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 16:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    one takes it that you are using windows? Do you know any dos commands? if so you can easily go to the root directory, probably c:/ find the directory that its in, delete the contents and then delete the directory. If you don't know any dos commands then maybe try downloading c cleaner and running the uninstaller function.
    or he could just buy a new computer.
    massive sales on boxing day
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 16:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes it's Windows and I'm completely computer illiterate in terms of programming or anything to do with the system in general.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 16:315 edits
    Yes it's Windows and I'm completely computer illiterate in terms of programming or anything to do with the system in general.
    you know how to download though.

try this

https://www.piriform.com/products

download ccleaner install and run it. It has sections to fix your registry, the programs that run at start-up and applications. In the applications section it has an uninstall programs utility.

go here for screenshots, uninstall one

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/screenshots
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 18:49
    Have you already tried clicking the start button, then the 'control panel', then programs 'uninstall programs' option. That usually works for me. (I;m up to windows 7 currently, but have done the same thing for older versions)

It kind of upsets me when a new computer has all that extra kkrap pre-installed whether you want it or not. Why don't they just have a clean and bare installation of the operation system, and then include the extra software on a disk and then if you want it you can install it from that.

As already mentioned, I think ccleaner will take care of removing it as well.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 18:56
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Have you already tried clicking the start button, then the 'control panel', then programs 'uninstall programs' option. That usually works for me. (I;m up to windows 7 currently, but have done the same thing for older versions)

It kind of upsets me when a new computer has all that extra kkrap pre-installed whether you want it or not. Why don't they ju ...[text shortened]... l it from that.

As already mentioned, I think ccleaner will take care of removing it as well.
    That Ccrap is there because they make money off those apps, which ticks me off no end, have to go through the trouble of killing all that crudware. Shopping network and the like.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 19:10

There has to be a way?
    You should be able to uninstall a program.
    List all programs, find McAfee and uninstall it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 19:275 edits
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    You should be able to uninstall a program.
    List all programs, find McAfee and uninstall it.
    I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that Windows is a product of capitalism
    and thus essentially flawed. Open source software by comparison has a much broader
    expertise base and is far superior. Help fight capitalism, get Linux and join the Easy
    Riders, RHP's No.1 clan of integrity. ๐Ÿ˜›
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 19:43
    Download REVO Uninstaller, and use the Advanced option when uninstalling.

McAfee and Symantec are notorious for sticking around like crap to woollen blanket
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 12:552 edits
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Download REVO Uninstaller, and use the Advanced option when uninstalling.

McAfee and Symantec are notorious for sticking around like crap to woollen blanket
    I hate when that happens๐Ÿ™‚

I was looking at the REVO download and I see there is a freeware version and a paid version. What does the paid version do that the free one doesn't?

It seems REVO has a chat line and they answered all my questions. Free and full just means the free is trial, poops out in 30 days. There is a dif between full and pro however, more features with pro and the latest is V 3.1.4 and there will be a V4 coming soon.
    For three comps, the price is about 100 dollars for pro 3 and when they go to pro 4 it will be about half price for registered customers of pro 3, so 50 bucks to upgrade.

If you don't upgrade you don't lose functionality of 3. It seems like a good program. There is a feature called Hunter that seems useful.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 21:54
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fully+remove+mcafee+windows
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 00:28
    By the way, AVG has recently turned itself into spyware, which is not good for what was once a security product and pretends still to be. A security product with an intentional back door? No, thank you! Try Avast or Avira instead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree