1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 14:34
    @drewnogal said
    I’m not sure if the system of 3 vaccines is any better now?
    even with the vax its not 100% especialy if you have a compromised immune system.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 15:20
    @wolfe63 said
    Longitudinal studies are underway.
    Meanwhile, "science deniers" will continue having the loudest voices in the room.
    As if more studies are needed!

Autism is not something you "get", it's something you're born with. In fact, it's inheritable. Anyone who even pays lip service to the idea that autism is a "disease" which you can "get" or be "cured of" is guilty of hate speech and, frankly, shoulf be prosecuted if it happens in public.
    Imagine the outcry if someone claimed that vaccines caused homosexuality, or left-handedness! This is no less vile.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 20:05
    @badradger said
    Etiology/ Relapse in measles,second attacks of measles are classified as recurrent or relapsing, while the original infection is still present in the system in recurrent attacks, the disease recurs months or years later.
    That is not well known. (My GP doesn't know about it)
    Have you a link? (Wiki has no info)

Interesting titbit : measles evolved between 1100 & 1200 CE
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 02:41
    @shallow-blue said
    As if more studies are needed!

Autism is not something you "get", it's something you're born with. In fact, it's inheritable. Anyone who even pays lip service to the idea that autism is a "disease" which you can "get" or be "cured of" is guilty of hate speech and, frankly, shoulf be prosecuted if it happens in public.
    Imagine the outcry if someone claimed that vaccines caused homosexuality, or left-handedness! This is no less vile.
    Right. It’s GMO’s that cause homosexuality. Everyone knows that.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 08:22
    @wolfgang59 said
    That is not well known. (My GP doesn't know about it)
    Have you a link? (Wiki has no info)

Interesting titbit : measles evolved between 1100 & 1200 CE
    netdoctor/says thereb is some confusion as most small children catch measles but German measles a slightly different and more virulent disease with very similar symptoms can also be caught the first vaccine for German measles originated in 1963( so I may not have been vaxed as I would have been in senior school) all i know is I had measles as a small child(curtains closed on sunny days) then my daughter got it in the 1970s and I got the rash the doctor put me on the sick for a week untill i was no longer contagious, it can also return as Shingles which my wife has had.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 10:18
    @badradger said
    I had measles as a small child(curtains closed on sunny days) then my daughter got it in the 1970s and I got the rash the doctor put me on the sick for a week untill i was no longer contagious, it can also return as Shingles which my wife has had.
    Shingles is caused by the chicken pox virus ... nothing to do with measles.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 11:34
    @wolfgang59 said
    Shingles is caused by the chicken pox virus ... nothing to do with measles.
    sorry my mistake

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree