miscellaneous

miscellaneous

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read a book!

Moves
15 Feb 21

@torunn said
I would guess it's all of them, or perhaps the most frequent ones. There may be old ones too which are seldom or never used but you will still find them in old literature or magazines.
It's just a few... there are many more, all waiting for nouns and verbs to latch onto.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Feb 21

@handyandy said
It's just a few... there are many more, all waiting for nouns and verbs to latch onto.
Thank you. They are good examples of prepositions which we use often. So Andy, do you approve of sentences ending with prepositions? I know you are very good at grammar. 🙂

Moves
15 Feb 21

@lemondrop said
what's the point in flying a flag?
I'll defend my clan to the death
I live in the land of trump
and soon you will too
My flag is broken.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Feb 21

@torunn said
Thank you. They are good examples of prepositions which we use often. So Andy, do you approve of sentences ending with prepositions? I know you are very good at grammar. 🙂
Are you saying it is a choice?

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
Are you saying it is a choice?

-VR
I would appreciate his opinion on what would be proper English. I love grammar and I know Andy is very good at it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Feb 21

@torunn said
I would appreciate his opinion on what would be proper English. I love grammar and I know Andy is very good at it.
I don't imagine it would be a choice? It would be either proper or not proper would it not?

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
15 Feb 21

@torunn said
I would avoid it in formal writing, but I think it's okay in everyday conversations or emails and Internet forums.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Feb 21

@handyandy said
I would avoid it in formal writing, but I think it's okay in everyday conversations or emails and Internet forums.
OK so anything goes in internet forums cool! 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Feb 21

@handyandy said
I thought so, thank you.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Feb 21
1 edit

@torunn said
I thought so, thank you.
So we don't have to concern ourselves about it in the forums! 😉

I wish that counted spelling too! 😉

Hell, I am not going to lose any sleep over it, haven't in the last 15 years! 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Feb 21

@very-rusty said

-VR
Well, we don't have to be as exact as we sometimes need to be in formal writing, but it is interesting to know what is right or wrong - then we can decide if we want to be right or wrong.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Feb 21

@very-rusty said

Hell, I am not going to lose any sleep over it, haven't in the last 15 years! 🙂

-VR
It's a matter of interest. I love grammar - structure and rules. I don't lose much sleep over it either. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Feb 21

@torunn said
It's a matter of interest. I love grammar - structure and rules. I don't lose much sleep over it either. 🙂
I don't lose any sleep over it, and get my point across most of the time which is all that matters! 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
I don't lose any sleep over it, and get my point across most of the time which is all that matters! 🙂

-VR
Good. I hope this is a thread where we can feel comfortable exchanging ideas and opinions.

Read a book!

Moves
15 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
What was your point?