General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    13105
    12 Sep '13 17:28
    YouTube

    Don't put your headphones too loud!
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    12 Sep '13 20:00
    Originally posted by Tygert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2d_Oty3QsM

    Don't put your headphones too loud!
    That's me on the piano eh.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    12 Sep '13 20:001 edit
    Originally posted by Tygert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2d_Oty3QsM

    Don't put your headphones too loud!
    New video game Piano Hero.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    12 Sep '13 20:09
    Originally posted by Tygert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2d_Oty3QsM

    Don't put your headphones too loud!
    What was old is new again. (digital player piano?)
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525810
    15 Sep '13 16:03
    You realized that there are more than 10 fingers on keyborad? So it probably is for four hands.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    15 Sep '13 19:56
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    You realized that there are more than 10 fingers on keyborad? So it probably is for four hands.
    Or six.
  7. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    15 Sep '13 20:253 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    You realized that there are more than 10 fingers on keyborad? So it probably is for four hands.
    Never known a kb to have fingers.

    EDIT: PS awful song. Sorry.

    EDIT EDIT: PPS, this dude is funky

    YouTube
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525810
    16 Sep '13 10:29
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Never known a kb to have fingers.

    EDIT: PS awful song. Sorry.

    EDIT EDIT: PPS, this dude is funky

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEXFS4Lc_5E
    No my correctly quoted assertion has been that there have been more than ten fingers on the keyboard. Not that the keyboard would have had more than ten fingers...
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    16 Sep '13 11:50
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    No my correctly quoted assertion has been that there have been more than ten fingers on the keyboard. Not that the keyboard would have had more than ten fingers...
    There aren't any fingers because it's all a simulation! (haha, pwnd, I am the R0XXX0RZZ)
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525810
    16 Sep '13 13:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There aren't any fingers because it's all a simulation! (haha, pwnd, I am the R0XXX0RZZ)
    y0 w1n...
  11. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    13105
    16 Sep '13 17:33
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    You realized that there are more than 10 fingers on keyborad? So it probably is for four hands.
    Duet.
  12. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    13105
    16 Sep '13 17:35
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Never known a kb to have fingers.

    EDIT: PS awful song. Sorry.

    EDIT EDIT: PPS, this dude is funky

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEXFS4Lc_5E
    Yes... yes... it has no musicality whatsoever... The use of the ellipsis on forums is necessary to show boredom... I think it is amazing that two people can play it.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    21 Sep '13 01:292 edits
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Yes... yes... it has no musicality whatsoever... The use of the ellipsis on forums is necessary to show boredom... I think it is amazing that two people can play it.
    But that piece you put up was just a MIDI file turned into a piano sound, a built up job that took probably a long time to figure out and such but it is not really music, all effect and no soul. Give me Fat's Waller or George Winston, or Don Slepian or Liz Story or Glenn Gould, grunts and all, or Alicia De Larrocha or Valentina Lisitsa any day over that computer produced pablum you put up!

    For instance, one thing noticeably missing was any attempt at dynamic range, the result of using a keyboard without touch or after touch control. A very basic casio keyboard could have done the whole thing.
Back to Top