1. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '14 20:58
    The Grand Budapest Hotel starring many good, famous actors in this highly enjoyable story

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2278388/

Nothing serious, good entertainment.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '14 21:04
    Originally posted by lolof
    The Grand Budapest Hotel starring many good, famous actors in this highly enjoyable story

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2278388/

Nothing serious, good entertainment.
    Your book recommendations have always been good (well I think so anyway) so I will see about getting this movie if it's available on DVD or VHS.
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '14 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Your book recommendations have always been good (well I think so anyway) so I will see about getting this movie if it's available on DVD or VHS.
    It's a new movie, I saw it this evening. I had a very good time.

You always recommend very good books too, that I would never have heard of if it hadn't been for you. I especially like My Family and Other Animals, and Never Cry Wolf. Great books!
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 11:36
    recommendation of movies has to be based on the groups I recomend it for and the topic.

So for people trying to understand psychosis and schizophrenia "the beaver" will give insights.
    Fro people trying to enjoy themselves the same film will not meet the criterion.
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:091 edit
    Last night I watched "Town & Country" on TV - a romantic comedy from 2001 - and I had a good laugh many times, which doesn't happen much nowadays! I usually smile but hardly ever laugh out loud, but I did then.
    When I read the reviews afterwards, it was quite obvious that this film was a total flop, with two Golden Raspberry Award nominations and one winner:

Worst Director – Peter Chelsom (Nominated)
    Worst Supporting Actor – Charlton Heston (Won)
    Worst Supporting Actress – Goldie Hawn (Nominated)

Still, I had a good time and I don't know why I thought it was so funny! I might just have been in the mood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_%26_Country_(film)
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:27
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    recommendation of movies has to be based on the groups I recomend it for and the topic.

So for people trying to understand psychosis and schizophrenia "the beaver" will give insights.
    Fro people trying to enjoy themselves the same film will not meet the criterion.
    I remember, years ago, when the Monty Python film "And Now for Something Completely Different" came out I went to see it with a friend. There were, maybe,10 people in the theatre. I was laughing so hard that I feared an "accident". I was the only one laughing. I suggested it to other friends and the friend I went with told them that it was a terrible film and not to waste their time.
    To each his/her own I guess.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:33
    I remember, years ago, when the Monty Python film "And Now for Something Completely Different" came out I went to see it with a friend. There were, maybe,10 people in the theatre. I was laughing so hard that I feared an "accident". I was the only one laughing. I suggested it to other friends and the friend I went with told them that it was a terrible film and not to waste their time.
    To each his/her own I guess.
    I mentioned on one thread that I really enjoyed The life of brian and got shot down mostly by Americans I assumed that type of comedy eluded them.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:37
    Originally posted by redbarons
    I mentioned on one thread that I really enjoyed The life of brian and got shot down mostly by Americans I assumed that type of comedy eluded them.
    I've always been a big fan but it doesn't appeal to all. I'm sitting here just thinking about them, Monty Python, and I'm laughing.
  9. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:401 edit
    I've always been a big fan but it doesn't appeal to all. I'm sitting here just thinking about them, Monty Python, and I'm laughing.
    YouTube

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree