1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    I am jotting a bunch of these down. lol Thanks 🙂

"Les Mis" is worth a few views if for no other reason than to see both Hugh Jackman's and Hathaway's performances. Cannot compare to theater but still pretty admirable 🙂
    I love "Les Misérables"! My only regret is that I never saw it on the stage.

"Wolverine Sings!" lol...
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 11:39
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    Ground hog day
    This certainly is film worth seeing 1000 times.
    😉
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 14:05
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    This certainly is film worth seeing 1000 times.
    😉
    ha ha ha
  4. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 14:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I love "Les Misérables"! My only regret is that I never saw it on the stage.

"Wolverine Sings!" lol...
    I never have seen him in "Wolverine." I need to add that one to my list! He's a great actor no matter what the role, but he OWNS his role in "Les Mis." Gut-wrenching.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 15:19
    I never have seen him in "Wolverine." I need to add that one to my list! He's a great actor no matter what the role, but he OWNS his role in "Les Mis." Gut-wrenching.
    I found Les Mis dreadful -- unwatchably so. The singing was so poor (at least in the first 20 minutes that I watched), and it just had that air of luvvies taking themselves far too seriously, which from time-to-time is prone to happening. The book, though, is one of my all-time favourites.
  6. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 15:36
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I found Les Mis dreadful -- unwatchably so. The singing was so poor (at least in the first 20 minutes that I watched), and it just had that air of luvvies taking themselves far too seriously, which from time-to-time is prone to happening. The book, though, is one of my all-time favourites.
    The singing was indeed "poor" by musical standards. But it was authentic and it needed to be as such. Jackman is not a singer. But I think that is what made the it so great. Crowe can't carry a tune either. lol But it was this realism that made their characters believable. Personally, I think Jackman put his heart and role into that role and it showed. Same for Hathaway. I don't see how you can call the movie "dreadful" but "suum cuique" as the saying goes 🙂

Like many movies, it is not for everyone. My husband suffered through it as well. lol

The theater production exceeds the film. And of course, the book, as always, exceeds both.
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 15:39
    lol
    sorry - "soul"
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 17:19
    lol
    sorry - "soul"
    Did you know you get a certain amount of time to edit posts after initially posting them? Interesting comments on Les Mis, thank you.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 01:48
    The singing was indeed "poor" by musical standards. But it was authentic and it needed to be as such. Jackman is not a singer. But I think that is what made the it so great. Crowe can't carry a tune either. lol But it was this realism that made their characters believable. Personally, I think Jackman put his heart and role into that role and it showed ...[text shortened]... ol

The theater production exceeds the film. And of course, the book, as always, exceeds both.
    I totally agree. Well worth the time and far better than most dreck on TV these days.
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 04:46
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Did you know you get a certain amount of time to edit posts after initially posting them? Interesting comments on Les Mis, thank you.
    Someone else told me that today...I'm learning...thank you!
  11. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 04:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I totally agree. Well worth the time and far better than most dreck on TV these days.
    Yes ....a quality story for a change. I am not one to watch a musical but so glad I did....the "Les Mis" movie resonated with me days later. I still get goosebumps thinking of some of those performances!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 04:53
    Yes ....a quality story for a change. I am not one to watch a musical but so glad I did....the "Les Mis" movie resonated with me days later. I still get goosebumps thinking of some of those performances!
    I will not watch Les Mis, because I cannot see Wolverine dancing around and singing......in which he cannot sing, as you said. He is Wolverine for God's sake.

Back me up here Suzianne, lol. 🙂
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 04:59
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I will not watch Les Mis, because I cannot see Wolverine dancing around and singing......in which he cannot sing, as you said. He is Wolverine for God's sake.

Back me up here Suzianne, lol. 🙂
    Trust me...Jackman easily maintains his manliness in "Les Mis!" No doubt!!!!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 05:04
    Trust me...Jackman easily maintains his manliness in "Les Mis!" No doubt!!!!
    My goodness Landisqueen170......the drooling is a bit obvious here. What was this thread about?? Lol. 🙂
  15. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 05:43
    Originally posted by chaney3
    My goodness Landisqueen170......the drooling is a bit obvious here. What was this thread about?? Lol. 🙂
    Lol
    I beleve the thread was entitled: "Reasons Why Hugh Jackman is the Quintessential Male" or something like that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree