Movies

Movies

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
05 Jun 18

Last night I watched 'The Shape of Water' - a last chance to see this praised and awarded production. Here is a list of its many awards:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580390/awards

I had a brief idea of the story but the film turned out to be different from what I expected and it impressed me. I don't think I will remember it for ever but we all had a good feeling about it when we left the cinema and it gave opportunities to compare impressions.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jun 18

Originally posted by @torunn
Last night I watched 'The Shape of Water' - a last chance to see this praised and awarded production. Here is a list of its many awards:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580390/awards

I had a brief idea of the story but the film turned out to be different from what I expected and it impressed me. I don't think I will remember it for ever but we all had a good feeling about it when we left the cinema and it gave opportunities to compare impressions.
Yes, I saw this during its first run and I thought it deserved Best Picture.

Gothenburg

Moves
05 Jun 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Yes, I saw this during its first run and I thought it deserved Best Picture.
Yes, I agree - the impressions, details, colours, music and humour makes it both beautiful and ugly at times - it's like a dream. The immediate love between two totally different individuals - human and creature - and the beautiful ending.

Moves
05 Jun 18

Originally posted by @torunn
Yes, I agree - the impressions, details, colours, music and humour makes it both beautiful and ugly at times - it's like a dream. The immediate love between two totally different individuals - human and creature - and the beautiful ending.
I haven't seen it yet...but Guillermo Del Toro is brilliant. So, I will expect to be well-entertained.

Gothenburg

Moves
05 Jun 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
I haven't seen it yet...but Guillermo Del Toro is brilliant. So, I will expect to be well-entertained.
I hope you will be - it's not the story itself perhaps but the production which is fascinating.