General Forum

General Forum

Movies

SubscriberTorunn
General 05 Jun '18 07:16
  1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 07:16
    Last night I watched 'The Shape of Water' - a last chance to see this praised and awarded production. Here is a list of its many awards:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580390/awards

I had a brief idea of the story but the film turned out to be different from what I expected and it impressed me. I don't think I will remember it for ever but we all had a good feeling about it when we left the cinema and it gave opportunities to compare impressions.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 08:42
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Last night I watched 'The Shape of Water' - a last chance to see this praised and awarded production. Here is a list of its many awards:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580390/awards

I had a brief idea of the story but the film turned out to be different from what I expected and it impressed me. I don't think I will remember it for ever but we all had a good feeling about it when we left the cinema and it gave opportunities to compare impressions.
    Yes, I saw this during its first run and I thought it deserved Best Picture.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 09:07
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Yes, I saw this during its first run and I thought it deserved Best Picture.
    Yes, I agree - the impressions, details, colours, music and humour makes it both beautiful and ugly at times - it's like a dream. The immediate love between two totally different individuals - human and creature - and the beautiful ending.
  4. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 11:11
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Yes, I agree - the impressions, details, colours, music and humour makes it both beautiful and ugly at times - it's like a dream. The immediate love between two totally different individuals - human and creature - and the beautiful ending.
    I haven't seen it yet...but Guillermo Del Toro is brilliant. So, I will expect to be well-entertained.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 12:34
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    I haven't seen it yet...but Guillermo Del Toro is brilliant. So, I will expect to be well-entertained.
    I hope you will be - it's not the story itself perhaps but the production which is fascinating.