1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 20:19
    It's Saturday. Am stiil tired after I came back from 10 days' trip on Thursday.
    I had choice:
    - theater play (season ends on 30th June anyway)
    - gig of Croatian band Prljavo kazalište at newly refurbished Tašmajdan
    - boring football from EC on TV.

It's raining, street light around my buiding don't work, it's raining, and air with help of ozone transmits music from the gig from the stadium 4 km away.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 01:271 edit
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I had choice:
    - gig of Croatian band [b]Prljavo kazalište
    at newly refurbished Tašmajdan

It's raining, street light around my buiding don't work, it's raining, and air with help of ozone transmits music from the gig from the stadium 4 km away.[/b]
    Sure, that and the 10,000 watt amps and stadium speakers 10 meters high......

My family band played under those kind of conditions a couple of times. One time it rained so hard the sound system shorted out and caught fire, wasn't mine, belonged to the city of Bethlehem Pa. My wife called the people who didn't leave to come on stage which was covered safe from the rain and about 50 people did just that, brought up their chairs and we finished the concert totally acoustically. It was a great night!

Another time in another country, Israel, at their biggest folk festival, Jacob's Ladder, which we played 3 years running (it is situated right on the Kenneret, westerners call it the Sea of Galilee) anyway, they said, sound check at 2 pm. So we are up on stage, testing one two three four and such, but this huge wind whipped up across the lake and the sound guy could not hear our instruments or voices over the howling wind.

Another tiny problem was those stadium loud speakers, literally 10 meters tall, were starting to tip over. Talk about people scrambling! They battened down the speakers, and said we go on at 5 Pm so we did and 5 minutes before 5 the wind died down and we did an excellent show if I say so myself, and as it turns out, I just did🙂
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 14:54
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I had choice:
    - gig of Croatian band [b]Prljavo kazalište
    at newly refurbished Tašmajdan

It's raining, street light around my buiding don't work, it's raining, and air with help of ozone transmits music from the gig from the stadium 4 km away.[/b]
    High Ozone Levels during rain??

And does ozone alter the acoustic Quality of air??

Have you any idea why and how?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree