My audio system

My audio system

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jan 23
1 edit

Sure, I know this might at first glance seem completely egotistical and very much "look at MY toys", but my audio system is really rather modest:

A refurbished Technics 1200 turntable, a couple of Fluance speakers from Canada (which are a little larger than "bookshelf size" ), a Polk Audio subwoofer, and -- "at the center of it all" -- a $65 receiver intended for karaoke (a MouKey MAMP1), which does the job just fine.

G

Moves
11 Jan 23

I'm so old I remember when a 100 watt system would dim the house lights when turned up. It was a Phase Leanier or something like that.

Moves
11 Jan 23
1 edit

@gambrel said
I'm so old I remember when a 100 watt system would dim the house lights when turned up. It was a Phase Leanier or something like that.
Luckily my house was built circa 1973, so they probably might have taken such things into account for its design.

I did used to work in an office where if someone used the microwave, it would reboot everyone's computers. That didn't go over too well, and I think they did find a fix for that.

Moves
11 Jan 23

@kevin-eleven said
Luckily my house was built circa 1973, so they probably might have taken such things into account for its design.

I did used to work in an office where if someone used the microwave, it would reboot everyone's computers. That didn't go over too well, and I think they did find a fix for that.
Ha. Our home has knob and tube wiring. If you turn on a light with more than 40 watts fuses blow.😲

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
11 Jan 23

funny indeed how electricity and audio go hand in hand
i know that whenever i stick a finger in a socket i get real audio