My old stomping grounds going up in flames.

My old stomping grounds going up in flames.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 May 14

I went to Palomar College in San Marcos Calif and lived in Escondido. It seems like the place is not the same anymore. My mom and my sister had to evacuate when ashes started falling on their house near Carlsburg. Her daughter owns several houses and they all went together to one of them and it was close to the flames too.

They had just gotten out in time, about 15 minutes after they left, Interstate 15 where they had just been driving, was closed by the cops.

They finally found shelter at my nephew's house, Jason.

I hope Palomar College doesn't burn down, a lot of memories there. I took piano lessons from Howard Brubeck, Dave Brubecks brother there. Man, this sucks.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 May 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
I went to Palomar College in San Marcos Calif and lived in Escondido. It seems like the place is not the same anymore. My mom and my sister had to evacuate when ashes started falling on their house near Carlsburg. Her daughter owns several houses and they all went together to one of them and it was close to the flames too.

They had just gotten out in ti ...[text shortened]... s there. I took piano lessons from Howard Brubeck, Dave Brubecks brother there. Man, this sucks.
sonhouse, do the authorities have any leads on the cause of this horrific national tragedy?

Moves
16 May 14

They had just gotten out in ti ...[text shortened]... s there. I took piano lessons from Howard Brubeck, Dave Brubecks brother there. Man, this sucks.
We have a good friend who has a house in Carlsbad (not burg). She was returning from a trip and while she was gone her neighborhood was evacuated and then the order was lifted but most of her cul-de-sac neighbors are staying away out of fear.

This is going to be a bad summer.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
16 May 14

This combined with your house fire and various other life's problems suck. My heart goes out to you SH.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
16 May 14

I'm in hopes that your loved ones will be safe and all this will go away soon. There is too much hardship these days to have such tragity. (like ther's ever a good time) but you know what I mean. You have my simpathy and support sonhouse.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
sonhouse, do the authorities have any leads on the cause of this horrific national tragedy?
I heard a bit about at least one arsonist but I don't think all of this is arson, too many going on since it is dry as tinder now, no rain for months and such.

Anything could set one off, a broken beer bottle making like a lens, a lightning strike, as well as bad campers.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
This combined with your house fire and various other life's problems suck. My heart goes out to you SH.
Thanks. Mom and Sis back home, they were allowed to go back since the flames moved on from near their place. They didn't get hit with much more that ashes floating down in their yard. Which is scary enough as it is.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 May 14

I heard a bit about at least one arsonist but I don't think all of this is arson, too many going on since it is dry as tinder now, no rain for months and such.

Anything could set one off, a broken beer bottle making like a lens, a lightning strike, as well as bad campers.
Thanks. Please keep us posted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 May 14

sorry for having a pop at you will mend my ways .

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by redbarons
sorry for having a pop at you will mend my ways .
I didn't feel a thing🙂

Yeah, it was Carlsbad, my bad🙂