1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 06:28
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    Did you notice any significant price increase in chocolates in your part of the world too?
    Went kinda skyhigh here in SA.
    Although there's going to be a flooding of the cocoa market soon. Very good rains in Western Africa saw to great harvests, and a significant drop in sales of chocolates in the USA and Europe... they came to realise it's not so good for your health after all...😀
    I can't say I have noticed that yet though some supermarket prices are generally rising because of Brexit.
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 19:28
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I can't say I have noticed that yet though some supermarket prices are generally rising because of Brexit.
    Prices are rising due to the weak pound affecting imported produce ,nothing to do with Brexit .
    The pound was punching above its weight for a long time and coming down was a natural thing to happen plus the government want inflation .
    Brexit ,what Brexit ? apart from a lot of hot air absolutely nothing has changed .
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 07:42
    Originally posted by phil3000
    P...
    Brexit ,what Brexit ? apart from a lot of hot air absolutely nothing has changed .
    yet.

From a legalistic point of view. In fact a lot has happened since people not only act on fact but also on expectations.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 09:40
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    yet.

From a legalistic point of view. In fact a lot has happened since people not only act on fact but also on expectations.
    Unemployment is at its lowest since 2005 ,industry and manufacturing are all strong and optimistic for the future .
    The " doom and gloom "mongers are strangely silent .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree